SAFC player of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon Van Aanholt will get YPOTY and that'll send this place into meltdown.

i think he has been reasonably decent tbh. i know most on here disagree but fuck me without his attacking from fullback we'd have no attacking impetus or pace at all.

don't really think he is young enough to be classed as a young player though really, it's a bit of a stretch,...

i think he has been reasonably decent tbh. i know most on here disagree but fuck me without his attacking from fullback we'd have no attacking impetus or pace at all.

don't really think he is young enough to be classed as a young player though really, it's a bit of a stretch,...

he's 24 and that would qualify him to win premier league YPOTY (if he was good enough). Reckon we'll use the same criteria and he'll win it.

he's 24 and that would qualify him to win premier league YPOTY (if he was good enough). Reckon we'll use the same criteria and he'll win it.

i've never really thought about how young you have to be to be considered for young player awards.

the prem ones seem farcical - the list of top players and top young players is pretty much the same this year iirc.

24 seems too old to be considered young - god that makes me feel old.

i've never really thought about how young you have to be to be considered for young player awards.

the prem ones seem farcical - the list of top players and top young players is pretty much the same this year iirc.

24 seems too old to be considered young - god that makes me feel old.

it's ridiculous. Should be capped at 21. Can't think of a single argument against capping it at 21 but can think of a million arguments against a 24 year old winning YPOTY. Thankfully, Harry Kane's 21 so a 21 year old will be winning it this season.

it's ridiculous. Should be capped at 21. Can't think of a single argument against capping it at 21 but can think of a million arguments against a 24 year old winning YPOTY. Thankfully, Harry Kane's 21 so a 21 year old will be winning it this season.

aye, probably will be kane. hazard for the main award and he is only 24 iirc anyway.

we'd probably rarely have anyone to pick from if it was 21 at club level but there are more than enough kids over the league for a prem award to be 21s there.

aye, probably will be kane. hazard for the main award and he is only 24 iirc anyway.

we'd probably rarely have anyone to pick from if it was 21 at club level but there are more than enough kids over the league for a prem award to be 21s there.

That speaks volumes. Most clubs wouldn't struggle to knock up a short-list of 3 U21's to win it.

That speaks volumes. Most clubs wouldn't struggle to knock up a short-list of 3 U21's to win it.

honestly don't know. southampton obviously, everton always seem to have a player or two come through each year, not sure about other clerbs.

Would be good to get a protest vote going.

But as usual we'll kiss their pampered arses and convince ourselves that one of them actually deserves recognition for being the least shite during another catastrophic season.

Ryan Noble for youth award - best player we ever let go............Hell on!

The ginger piss biscuit just for his face after his first derby defeat this season or Jozy for all his goals that he nearly scored.

Me? I give plenty of stick, to those who deserve it and when they deserve it. You give stick regardless.

Unfortunately for us, regardless has been practically the same as who deserves it and when they deserve it over the last few years.

There's no bigger praise giver on the match threads than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back