Seaham car park charging being introduced.

Special place for me after a family tragedy. Used to drive to Seaham and just look out at sea for an hour or so most days. Probably wouldn’t have bothered if there was a charge. They’ll do tuck all with the cash anyway. Probably employ a warden…..

the photos during the cabinet meeting were taken during the day in the winter where they claimed it was "chocka". it's not a good look for business this
People saying trade on the seafront has been good today Humbles was full people just parking elsewhere.

Just don’t get the meltdowns people are having on social media over £1 parking charges when most other places on coast have them - plenty more important things to be worried about.

Be interesting to see how it looked pre-today at the same time of the week like. Non-holiday time obviously.
We are usually there at that time pretty much every Monday throughout the year and it never looks that quiet even on days when the weather is worse. We drove along the front at just before 10am and the car parks were just about empty apart from Asda . Drove back just after lunch and it still looked very quiet compared to a normal weekday.

Logon or register to see this image

and the councillor in the cabinet meeting said parking was at a premium when they did spot checks during the week earlier this year.............

From an entirely selfish perspective if there’s less cars driving along the front at least I won’t be breathing in a never ending trail of exhaust fumes when walking/jogging along there.

Remains to be seen the actual impact of this. Hopefully it doesn’t stop people who actually spend money in the area for the sake of £3. Not bothered about the tight gits who use it as a free toilet for their dogs.

People saying trade on the seafront has been good today Humbles was full people just parking elsewhere.

Just don’t get the meltdowns people are having on social media over £1 parking charges when most other places on coast have them - plenty more important things to be worried about.

See this on the Shields forums all the time, free parking will cure cancer and stop the war in ukraine, because people refuse to shop cos of £1.

How is the payment done? I have no issue with paying as long as its quick and easy eg with a machine that takes contactless. Wave your phone and job done. It's arsing about with coins, apps, inputing your reg etc that I can't be bothered with.

Some vigilante has pulled one of the machines clean out of the ground by the looks of it.

I mean, I have no opinion on it either way but they keep doing that, its them as residents who will ultimately end up paying for it
Has it not just been hit by a car if it's completely out of the ground? They've then buggered off. I doubt the average vandal could rip one of those machines out the ground.

When I was out walking on Tuesday around 5ish noticed all cars that displayed a Blue Badge had a ticket under the wiper, obviously none had paid. 30 Mins later I bumped into a couple I knew who received one of the tickets...it wasn't a fine when they opened it, it just warning that disabled had to pay. How long that lasts nee idea.

Back