Seaside

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would take him to Roker Beach because of the Roker Park connection and walk along the shoreline to Seaburn Beach. In Seaburn you will find arcades and Minchella's fish and chips on the sea front which are excellent quality! Nice and compact! all possible in a morning.

Stopping in the Marriott which I'm guessing isn't far?

Ps nowt wrong wi the spire!
In the heart of Seaburn then with its beaches, cafes, restaurants and arcades. If you walk along the lower prom past the lighthouse and round the headland you are at the cat n dog steps. If the tides out you can walk down onto the beach and round the cliff to Roker beach, pier and marina.
Alternatively you can walk up the main road towards town from the Marriott and down through the park to Rokee beach.

I like Chesterfield mate. Used to visit on a market day sometimes when I lived in Sheffield. They dont like Sheff United though. Used to be rough as hell.

In the heart of Seaburn then with its beaches, cafes, restaurants and arcades. If you walk along the lower prom past the lighthouse and round the headland you are at the cat n dog steps. If the tides out you can walk down onto the beach and round the cliff to Roker beach, pier and marina.
Alternatively you can walk up the main road towards town from the Marriott and down through the park to Rokee beach.

I like Chesterfield mate. Used to visit on a market day sometimes when I lived in Sheffield. They dont like Sheff United though. Used to be rough as hell.

Great thanks mate. We are taking my little lad to the sol for the family day on Saturday so should be a cracking weekend

Still is rough but not a bad place to live!

[QUOTE"StonesFTM, post: 20738793, member: 2218"]Great thanks mate. We are taking my little lad to the sol for the family day on Saturday so should be a cracking weekend

Still is rough but not a bad place to live![/QUOTE]
Enjoy it mate and sure the lad will love it. The Marriott is a nice hotel in a cracking setting. We were saying whilst at @TAFKAHM piss up in Hawes, when the sun shines Sunderland has a lot more going for it than most on here would have you believe

Stopping in the Marriott which I'm guessing isn't far?

Ps nowt wrong wi the spire!

Just cross the road and onto the seafront and have a pleasant stroll in the bracing sea air along the front to Roker, have a dodge along the pier and back, bit of bait in Downeys and an ice cream next door. Round to the Marina, have look at the fossilised tree, then pick up the c2c path and follow it, see the red house sculpture, st peters church, the glass centre (dont foget to go on the roof) youll pass other sculptures and bits and pieces, and eventually arrive at the SoL.

Buy a shirt at the club shop, pass through the Murray gates, maybe pop in the Aquatic Centre for a swim, then go for a pint in the Tavern. Then you can make your way back to Seaburn via Roker Avenue, stopping for a pint in Wheatsheaf, Howard Arms, Fort, Jacksons, Avenue, Albion, Wolsey, Harbour View, Queen Vic, Poetic License, Smugglers (maybe have a dodge in the amusements next door - its a perfectly preserved museum of how arcades used to be in the 1920's) then up into Roker Park and fish for tiddlers in the pond, then back to Seaburn for a pint in the Promenade, Platform 5, then to Goa for some supper, and back to the Marriott for a nightcap.

More sense than the daft fkrs answering before me,do what you say and you'll have a canny day,you said Sunderland so its roker or seaburn both have the stuff you need both canny,do both...its not like you asked what shall i do with my day in sunderland

Just cross the road and onto the seafront and have a pleasant stroll in the bracing sea air along the front to Roker, have a dodge along the pier and back, bit of bait in Downeys and an ice cream next door. Round to the Marina, have look at the fossilised tree, then pick up the c2c path and follow it, see the red house sculpture, st peters church, the glass centre (dont foget to go on the roof) youll pass other sculptures and bits and pieces, and eventually arrive at the SoL.

Buy a shirt at the club shop, pass through the Murray gates, maybe pop in the Aquatic Centre for a swim, then go for a pint in the Tavern. Then you can make your way back to Seaburn via Roker Avenue, stopping for a pint in Wheatsheaf, Howard Arms, Fort, Jacksons, Avenue, Albion, Wolsey, Harbour View, Queen Vic, Poetic License, Smugglers (maybe have a dodge in the amusements next door - its a perfectly preserved museum of how arcades used to be in the 1920's) then up into Roker Park and fish for tiddlers in the pond, then back to Seaburn for a pint in the Promenade, Platform 5, then to Goa for some supper, and back to the Marriott for a nightcap.

That's Saturday sorted then :lol:

Cat and Dog steps for everything then a walk along the beach, if low tide to Roker amusement arcade :D

reminds me of being a kid in the 60/70's like :D

THAT is genius sir. Give this man any sort of job he wants in Sunderland tourism, the Scandinavians will be filling the city every week!

Lovely innit like! :)

bringing my youngun up to Sunderland for the weekend on Friday

Want to take him to the seaside on Sunday before we come home - walk on the beach, arcades, fish and chips etc. any recommendations?

South Shields. Not being funny but it is a million times better for kids than sunderland in terms of seaside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back