Shogun

Great ending to the best bit of telly this year, possibly the last few years. Wasn’t the type or pace of episode I was expecting but was fantastic nonetheless.

The scenes with Blackthorne and Fuji this week were quite moving, particularly in the boat in the harbour.

Genuinely loved the series from start to finish.

Just finished watching it.
The visuals and the Japanese cast were outstanding, but Cosmo Jarvis was dire throughout. Annoyingly bad, almost ruined it for me.
Never thought i'd think that anyone could be a worse Anjin than Richard Chamberlain, but he was brilliant compared to this man.

Thought it started well & ended a bit weak. Yabushigie best character, agree that the Anjin was a bit pap. Going on like Tom Hardy crossed with Jack Sparrow.

Just finished watching it.
The visuals and the Japanese cast were outstanding, but Cosmo Jarvis was dire throughout. Annoyingly bad, almost ruined it for me.
Never thought i'd think that anyone could be a worse Anjin than Richard Chamberlain, but he was brilliant compared to this man.
Totally agree, he looks dazed and confused most of the time and slightly comedic.

Have 1 to go. What a character Mariko is. That Yabushige has been my favourite though. Absolutely brilliant. I thought he was going to be a right knacker after the 1st episode. No need to boil that pow like that.

What a gem of a series this has been, even with 'Tom Hardy lite' playing main lead.
I liked him personally. His voice is a bit weird, I'll grant you.

Only thing I didn't like was the flash forward/dream sequence from the English bloke. If it's a flash forward, I don't want to know what happened. If it's a dream I don't care.

Intriguing show with some great characters and acting, The Last Samurai is one of my favourite films so enjoyed the similarities. I was hoping it was all building to a big battle at the end but didn't come to be, the action was pretty light over the 10 episodes.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, people are right about the bloke who played Anjin, he's was canny naff
I wouldn't have minded him stopping a pirate or delving into his pirate past and that somehow making him into a more of a villainous character.

He was an explorer and a pirate to start with but ended up turning into a bit of a diplomat and a melt.

The rest of the cast were spot on mind. That Shoguns son slipping on the rock : 0

Back