skunks bigger club

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty who seriously gives a flying fuck about big clubs it means fuck all
only fans of the so called big clubs get a hard on about it. It means jack shit to any one else do you get some kind of trophy for being a so called big club like

I tell you what these last two wins have brought them all out from behind their rocks. Its quite extraordinary.

Beforehand I was a bit more apathetic about the upcoming derby game due to our recent dominance...not any more!!

Madness isn't it?
your right rocky lad
a bet Chelsea fans must lie awake for hours at night struggling to get to sleep after they have won yet another major trophy gutted that Newcastle get a few more thousand through the gate on a matchday

Depends what you're meaning by big club. Can't stand them, but the Mags probably are tbf. Same goes with us. Chelsea have only been a 'big' club the last decade or so, since the likes of Abramovic came in and they started winning stuff. Until then, their fan-base was mostly made up of a small hardcore of skinhead racists/thugs. Aside from the one title back in the day, they'd never won anything.

If us or the Mags actually had any success or even anything to "celebrate" the crowds in these parts could clock 100k or so, easy.

Yes, but the last decade is almost 10% of Chelsea's history. You can't really ignore a decade of massive success, especially when it's come in the time period in which the PL has gained massive worldwide exposure to a degree unprecedented for any sporting league ever. I routinely see Chelsea shirts here in the U.S.; Man U is the most common, but Chelsea's probably second, followed by Liverpool and Man City, of the English teams. I've literally never seen a Newcastle shirt here.

Alan Brazil said on Talkshite yesterday that the biggest clubs in the world were probably Liverpool Man U Celtic and Rangers :):)

In other words, he's never traveled outside a hundred-mile radius in his life.

Yes, but the last decade is almost 10% of Chelsea's history. You can't really ignore a decade of massive success, especially when it's come in the time period in which the PL has gained massive worldwide exposure to a degree unprecedented for any sporting league ever. I routinely see Chelsea shirts here in the U.S.; Man U is the most common, but Chelsea's probably second, followed by Liverpool and Man City, of the English teams. I've literally never seen a Newcastle shirt here.

In other words, he's never traveled outside a hundred-mile radius in his life.
Tbh I don't really care either way. I can't stand the Mags, Chelsea or Tottenham, so I'm not going to go out of my way to say any of them are particuarly better than the other. It was just way I see it. The whole idea of what makes a big club is subjective as fuck anyway, unless you specify what makes a club "big." Like success, history, size of your attendances, international standing and fan-base, whatever. Everyone has their own ideas. At the end of the day, it doesn't really make any difference anyway.

Locally though. Not internationally. You may see people wearing Chelsea tops these days when you go abroad, but even after playing in Europe, you'll still not see many Tottenham shirts outside of North London. Spurs are another club who rate themselves far more highly than their standing actually deserves.

Even though every other shirt I saw when I lived in central Kent for a year was a Spurs shirt?

I agree with your final point though.

Tbh I don't really care either way. I can't stand the Mags, Chelsea or Tottenham, so I'm not going to go out of my way to say any of them are particuarly better than the other. It was just way I see it. The whole idea of what makes a big club is subjective as fuck anyway, unless you specify what makes a club "big." Like success, history, size of your attendances, international standing and fan-base, whatever. Everyone has their own ideas. At the end of the day, it doesn't really make any difference anyway.

Agree with all of that. Well said.

I live in central America (Costa Rica) and the most common English tops I see here are Man Utd and Chelsea.

I actually haven't seen any other English tops apart from those two. They're vastly outnumbered by the Real and Barca tops though.

TBF this sort of shite is no different to a number of supporters on here who have this "see no evil", "hear no evil", "speak no evil" approach towards (a massively underachieving) SAFC.

They may well understand better than the more pragmatic SAFC fan exactly why this sort of shite is spouted week in and week out by the Mags and their agents in the media. They have the same mindset as the Skunks.
Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back