Spurs Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really mate but I do find it strange that if you had played them in the league that you would have had 4ok plus.

People have already paid for their season ticket and wrongly (imo) others who pick and choose see the premiership as more important than the cup. Add in the fact we were crap, it was midweek and on the box so it was always going to be that way.

People have already paid for their season ticket and wrongly (imo) others who pick and choose see the premiership as more important than the cup. Add in the fact it was midweek and on the box and ut was always going to be that way.
True...but realistically you are never going to win the league so why people don't turn up for a big Semi Final beggars belief.

True...but realistically you are never going to win the league so why people don't turn up for a big Semi Final beggars belief.

We have this debate on here all the time. Many see finishing 17th or above as more important than lifting the cup. I'm not one of those by the way, the cup run was one of the best times I've had following us. On my death bed I want to say I saw us win something ffs.

Edit: A couple of my mates chose to miss it in favour of keeping cash for the second leg.

We have this debate on here all the time. Many see finishing 17th or above as more important than lifting the cup. I'm not one of those by the way, the cup run was one of the best times I've had following us. On my death bed I want to say I saw us win something ffs.

Edit: A couple of my mates chose to miss it in favour of keeping cash for the second leg.
Fortunately I have seen us win the League, European Cup, Super Cup and League Cup all I am missing is the Fa Cup. I know the first 3 were over 30 years ago but you can't take away my memories of those 2 seasons. I was 13 at the time and the old man took my all over with him!! Highbury last day of the season still gives me goosebumps when I think about it.

Fortunately I have seen us win the League, European Cup, Super Cup and League Cup all I am missing is the Fa Cup. I know the first 3 were over 30 years ago but you can't take away my memories of those 2 seasons. I was 13 at the time and the old man took my all over with him!! Highbury last day of the season still gives me goosebumps when I think about it.

I seen us win 6 top league titles in previous lives so it hasn't been all bad!

Because we have a bigger ground, idiot.
Until their ground extension is complete they should say nothing. We get bigger crowds than them despite having nowhere near as much success that's the point I'm making. Just look at how much their crowds dropped when they had that bad start under Ramos and when they were in a relegation scrap in 1998.

Until their ground extension is complete they should say nothing. We get bigger crowds than them despite having nowhere near as much success that's the point I'm making. Just look at how much their crowds dropped when they had that bad start under Ramos and when they were in a relegation scrap in 1998.

Their ground is smaller, think they'd fill 48,000 easily

What a load of bollocks that is, nobody can deny that Sunderland have great support and extremely loyal fans in general, but you are talking shit mate, our ground holds 36,300 and funnily enough it is quite hard to get more than 36,300 into WHL as things stand.

If you want to compare attendances on a like for like basis try FA Cup or League Cup ties etc. Spurs have played about 6 or 7 lower league teams over recent years in the 3rd and 4th rounds and have sold out every time, Sunderland on the other hand have played higher ranked teams at SOL and have had attendances of 17k/18k or so and that is with Sunderland charging lower prices for their tickets, but don't let plain simple facts get in the way of your argument will you mate.

What a load of bollocks that is, nobody can deny that Sunderland have great support and extremely loyal fans in general, but you are talking shit mate, our ground holds 36,300 and funnily enough it is quite hard to get more than 36,300 into WHL as things stand.

If you want to compare attendances on a like for like basis try FA Cup or League Cup ties etc. Spurs have played about 6 or 7 lower league teams over recent years in the 3rd and 4th rounds and have sold out every time, Sunderland on the other hand have played higher ranked teams at SOL and have had attendances of 17k/18k or so and that is with Sunderland charging lower prices for their tickets, but don't let plain simple facts get in the way of your argument will you mate.

Aye, Bro. He's right like. They have more Facebook likes than us.

Yet more made up drivel, Spurs averaged just under 36,000 in 2008, but do carry on chatting shit wont you mate.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

An average and how you were at the start isn't the same thing.

You also replied to the same thing twice. That's one massive bite.

So if WHL holds say 36,000, and according to the poster that was telling porkies Spurs had low crowds try explaining to me how the average attendance could end up at 36,000 if it would have needed to rise considerably above capacity to bring the average attendance back up to 36,000, dohhh :lol:

16-Aug-08 FA Prem 32,623 A Middlesbrough L 1 - 2 Huth (OG)
23-Aug-08 FA Prem 36,064 H Sunderland L 1 - 2 Jenas
31-Aug-08 FA Prem 41,790 A Chelsea D 1 - 1 Bent
15-Sep-08 FA Prem 36,075 H Aston Villa L 1 - 2 Bent
21-Sep-08 FA Prem 35,808 H Wigan Athletic D 0 - 0
28-Sep-08 FA Prem 20,352 A Portsmouth L 0 - 2
05-Oct-08 FA Prem 36,062 H Hull City L 0 - 1
19-Oct-08 FA Prem 27,500 A Stoke City L 1 - 2 Bent
26-Oct-08 FA Prem 35,507 H Bolton Wanderers W 2 - 0 Pavlyuchenko, Bent (pen)
29-Oct-08 FA Prem 60,043 A Arsenal D 4 - 4 Bentley, Bent, Jenas, Lennon
01-Nov-08 FA Prem 36,183 H Liverpool

Plain simple facts totally out of context... Yawn... Do you actually give a fuck mate? Why are you bothered? I certainly wouldn't be if you slagged SAFC attendance off as I am quite certain in 90% of cases anyone slagging our support off is wrong. If you think your attendance is class why do you care what any of us think? Either it's class and you're easily wound up or you're insecure. Either or.

Plain simple facts totally out of context... Yawn... Do you actually give a fuck mate? Why are you bothered? I certainly wouldn't be if you slagged SAFC attendance off as I am quite certain in 90% of cases anyone slagging our support off is wrong. If you think your attendance is class why do you care what any of us think? Either it's class and you're easily wound up or you're insecure. Either or.

If I came on here making shit up about Sunderland as a club or about their attendances in a disparaging way, would I be ignored, no I wouldn't there would be hundreds on here defending SAFC and rightly so, or would you say those Sunderland fans are just easily wound up or insecure. Either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back