Squirrel fest in Mowbray park.

Logon or register to see this image
Reds are thuggish,I saw one batter a chipmunk arl owa the place a couple of weeks back to nick a peanut ffs 🙄
Logon or register to see this image
Proud as fuck it was anarl for knocking a poor chipmunk half its size almost unconscious 🫤
Proud as fuck it was anarl for knocking a poor chipmunk half its size almost unconscious 🫤
...and you just stood by and took photos.
thats the first thing people do now,reach for their phones.
i don't know what the world is coming to😔

Greys all over Barnes Park n'all. Known nowt like the ones in Hyde Park down in that London like. I was walking along the path and a few of them ran out from the bushes and stabbed me to death.

Greys are good to eat. Only the back legs worth bothering with but they are great marinated in olive oil and garlic then done on the bbq. Unsurprisingly they taste a bit nutty. I sometimes get some from a gamekeeper mate who works on Lambton’s estate. Reckons there’s thousands of the bastards there.

Anyone living near Cumbria get yourselves along to Shapp Wells. Dozens of reds there, great to see.

Loads of red squirrels around here (SE Northumberland) especially around East Cramlington aswell if you know where to look. Believe there's some around in Bedlington aswell which are all monitored included greys killed.

Is the grey population going up, seen loads running about in Mowbray park lately. I bet one would come to you if you put a few nuts down on the ground.
I just recently discovered there's a load of parakeets flying all over the place in Backhouse Park. How long has that been going on, then?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was in Canada a few year ago (ooo get me etc) and black squirrels were all over the place, scratting through bins, generally annoying people.
We visited last year and when we stayed near a lake the dynamic between various colours of skivvel (sic) plus chipmunks was quite interesting. A small red skivvel was absolutely nails.

The chipmunks could be semi-trained by offering them nuts to collect.

Back