Star Trek : Discovery

Been a letdown so far. A lot of focus on characters you're not really bothered about.

Season 3 started strong but 4 has just repeated the same 'big space mystery' plot.
Yeah Season 3 seemed like it turned a corner then half way though it gets worse. The end of season 3 then ends up being the worst season out of all of them for me.

I'm about 4 eps in (the one where they're in the void). It seems to be only about 4-5 crew members this year. They've literally yeeted one of the main crew off the ship anarl.
Its wierd.

First episode back from the midseason break was a total bore.
First half was shite, 2nd half was ok-ish

Burnman, once again a one-person army... with a hanger-on.
It also seems she is now 2nd in command at Starfleet ahead of all of all the other Admirals and Captains that have served there for decades after only being a captain for 5 minutes.
The show really is a joke.

Watched it again as I was in a bit of a mood yesterday. The first and last 5 minutes were OK - the President is great - but the rest was "search for phlebotinum, fight and poker". The other crew get another week off.

I think they'll go back TNG -TNG. Like that era.

Either a 7 or word led show depending on reaction to Picard and the aftermath of what's coming

I think they'll go back TNG -TNG. Like that era.

Either a 7 or word led show depending on reaction to Picard and the aftermath of what's coming
I think what early Discovery and Picard has shown is Star Trek is an ensamble show. Might have a lead core of 2 or 3 characters that get the bulk of the plot, but we love the secondary cast as much. A Seven led show would working she had a group we care about with her. Took too long to develop the Discovery crew beyond Michael and not even the Picard team cared enough about the rest of the cast with just one hanging on.

I wont miss Discovery at all, it was a load of shite from top to bottom.
SNW is much better as is Picard S3. LD and Prod are quite good gap fillers too.
Hopefully the money will be put into the new series that is looking to be The Next Next Generation with ppl from PS3 in it.
LLAP FTM HWL

Last edited:
4 seasons too late. A shit show with bad acting, terrible characters who talk like modern day dudes from California and a writing staff that hate Star Trek.
F**k them and everyone involved with this abomination.

I think what early Discovery and Picard has shown is Star Trek is an ensamble show. Might have a lead core of 2 or 3 characters that get the bulk of the plot, but we love the secondary cast as much. A Seven led show would working she had a group we care about with her. Took too long to develop the Discovery crew beyond Michael and not even the Picard team cared enough about the rest of the cast with just one hanging on.
However, without Patrick Stewart's incredible talent and ability to improve almost anything beyond belief, Picard would never have made it past season 1.
Its almost a shame that quite possible the best actor in the last 25 years has only really had mainstream work in Science Fiction.

However, without Patrick Stewart's incredible talent and ability to improve almost anything beyond belief, Picard would never have made it past season 1.
Its almost a shame that quite possible the best actor in the last 25 years has only really had mainstream work in Science Fiction.
Probably happy to earn the big money in a couple of things to be able to do less money spinning stage work which seems more of a live for him. Like the dad in Frasier. He funded some theater work with his Frasier money. Passion over limelight.

Back