Stewart Downing to sign for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Euro Plums

...Middlesbrough or Sunderland?

Current betting is Boro 1/8 and Sunderland 6/1.

Of course bookies odds can widely be disregarded but surely Boro cannot afford his wages? Would he be a good signing for us? Probably on a two year deal but no doubt he'll want a contract to take him to the end of his career.

...Middlesbrough or Sunderland?

Current betting is Boro 1/8 and Sunderland 6/1.

Of course bookies odds can widely be disregarded but surely Boro cannot afford his wages? Would he be a good signing for us? Probably on a two year deal but no doubt he'll want a contract to take him to the end of his career.
Hometown club though. How many of us would play for Sunderland for next to nowt if we were given the option? Although, when the bigger clubs came looking for them he didn't give Boro a second thought.

Boro lad on the job with me reckons he heard from Downings mates who grew up with him that he is on his way back to Boro on a 75k a week package.
ITK or what?

If Downing is prepared to drop a division to become a local hero for his boyhood club, then there may be advertising and other sponsorship deals for him that may sweeten the pill of being on a lower core salary. Plus he may decide to take a hit.

I would have thought that we are still in with a good shout though; we are the premier league team, he had a good experience here on loan and there are some familiar faces here.

Much of this may not only depend on Boro's attempts to finance the deal, it will presumably also be influenced by how we get on with our other target/s. If we are interested in Lens, for example, would we be trying to buy one, rather than both?

Boro lad on the job with me reckons he heard from Downings mates who grew up with him that he is on his way back to Boro on a 75k a week package.
ITK or what?
Not a hope in hell of him getting anything remotely close to that when their total wage bill last season was £250k a week..............

He will only go to Boro if he particularly wants to go there and takes a big pay cut.

I would be happy for us to sign him but if he doesn't come here, I won't be crying over it.

I wouldn't be that bothered if you signed him over us.

He's great but not exactly what we need right now.

He will only go to Boro if he particularly wants to go there and takes a big pay cut.

I would be happy for us to sign him but if he doesn't come here, I won't be crying over it.

He want's to go to Boro, slight difference in the valuations of the two clubs but not too far away, dont know about the wages, but it wont be anywhere near 75k as he isnt on 80k with West Ham to start with :lol:

I wouldn't be that bothered if you signed him over us.

He's great but not exactly what we need right now.

If you can afford him then he'd be a fantastic signing for the Championship, and would overnight become your best player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back