Stop Making Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tremendous show, regret not seeing him at the Sage several years ago.
Anyone here go?

Anyone here go?

Didn't go to the Sage but have seen him live three times now - Cambridge Corn Exchange, Summer Sundae in Leicester and End of the Road doing his stuff with St Vincent plus other things from both of them.

Definitely up there, Johnathon Demme wasnt it , went on to do silence of the lambs? - many of the live versions here are so different to their recorded ones

This was my first date with my missus in 1985 at the Cornerhouse in Manchester, which by some spooky coincidence is just about to shut it's doors for good at its current location and move to a new venue

Anyone here go?
Saw him bottom of Westgate Rd great gig ,when the wicked and I'm lazy tune was out ,regarding stop making sense great movie but the sounds been enhanced /overdubbed

Saw him bottom of Westgate Rd great gig ,when the wicked and I'm lazy tune was out ,regarding stop making sense great movie but the sounds been enhanced /overdubbed

Any live album/DVD that hasn't been cleaned up/enhanced/overdubbed is a bootleg.

Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous and Kiss Alive were completely re-recorded in the studio, only the crowd noise remained from the original recordings.

Hence the quotation marks around 'live'.
Ah! Very cryptic ,I read it after being out six hours playing a 100% live gig , don't know who can honestly answer your question as loads of tampering goes on what people aren't aware of

Any live album/DVD that hasn't been cleaned up/enhanced/overdubbed is a bootleg.

Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous and Kiss Alive were completely re-recorded in the studio, only the crowd noise remained from the original recordings.
Difference between cleaning up and replacing whole parts I think .

Anyone here go?

Not me.
I only saw em once at NCH as a four piece in 1979 pushing Fear Of Music. IMHO they were far better as a four piece than a watered down Funkadelic. The "More Songs About Buildings And Food" & "Fear Of Music" albums were their finest work. Although BDTH & TMBTP from the next album which were obviously written before the expansion are up there with PK in the portfolio of punky pop classics pop pickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back