Sunderland Owner Kyril Louis-Dreyfus Is In Talks With A US Financial Group About A £20million Loan

5 year plan was just takeover bullshit to get fans flicking themselves off. Some on here still do in truth. His ownership has been nothing short of pathetic. Anyone on a decent wage has gone, including our better players , and the only beacon of light we have will also be sold this summer.

The ground is dropping to bits and he embarrassed the lot of us with the BCB fiasco. He is like a drip that wadn't drop.

What if we get relegated next season.

Drastic changes will be required to prevent that, IMO - we're absolutely shite and can't compete, the results speak for themselves

If this carries on into next season then we're nailed on for the drop, if the owners are still here at that point they'll have zero good will from the fan base

I wonder if it is investment to take a stake otherwise why not go to the bank for a more traditional loan. Fuck me even Ellis Short did that and used the Irish banks to do so. Why use a US financial group - unless of course he can get better loan terms from them than a bank. Not bothered about him borrowing, thats what business does.

20m would be circa a 20% stake at a guess

Neil, Patterson, Ballard and Clarke would fetch 50m at least

A club with no debt, 48k capacity and 42k home gates with a history in the top half of the Championship would easily get 100m
Birmingham and WBA went for £70-80m. That's more realistic. You can't get a company valuation just by adding up estimated asset values. Trading performance, liabilities and future finances all play a part.

Birmingham and WBA went for £70-80m. That's more realistic. You can't get a company valuation just by adding up estimated asset values. Trading performance, liabilities and future finances all play a part.

Birmingham have circa 135m in debt, West Brom 60m which is why we would go for more as we have little to no debt

I had factored in our debt level hence why 100m, at a push maybe even 120m

We are also not saddled with aged players on hefty long contracts just the young lads who may have decent sell on value
I'd want £50m for Clarke and Neil alone

We would get 30m at a push for both

Last edited:

Back