The FA cup

"The weak get crushed as the strong grow stronger."

Can't wait to see the so called super clubs fall from their perch and have to face up to life without their mega TV payments and enhancements, won't really happen though as they are all out to protect themselves...and state owned football clubs, whether they be Man City, the mags or whoever are the absolute death knell for competitive football.

All to placate the “big six” who are pissing and moaning about fixture congestion. They don’t give a fuck about what this means for lower league clubs. They’re horrible greedy bastards and the Independent Regulator needs to have some sharp teeth to get stuck into these wankers. There’s a reason these twats are releasing statements almost weekly at the minute saying that they don’t want a regulator. The sooner the better for me.
Less and less games for the big boys which they’ll fill in with an expanded Champions League and Club World Cup.

It’s never been about playing too much and the welfare of the players - it’s about playing poxy clubs they don’t give a shit about.

They’d rather play Real Madrid and PSG in Saudi than play Tranmere in a Cup game.
The League Cup will be in their sights next mate. Matter of time before they’re pushing to have that scrapped.

Last edited:
All to placate the “big six” who are pissing and moaning about fixture congestion. They don’t give a fuck about what this means for lower league clubs. They’re horrible greedy bastards and the Independent Regulator needs to have some sharp teeth to get stuck into these wankers. There’s a reason these twats are releasing statements almost weekly at the minute saying that they don’t want a regulator. The sooner the better for me.
This....detest football at times, these fucka's have zero interest in football, only the 💰 💰 💰
Exactly, the FA should be dictating the rules not the premier league
This....don't want to be in our competition on our terms, then jog on, simple as that.

Last edited:
We would not have had that glorious night when we beat Man City in 73
Or Chelsea in 1992.
Some have mentioned that it doesn’t necessarily increase the likelihood of an upset but I don’t think that’s the point.

It’s depriving fans of an Exeter, Accrington or a Boston an opportunity to bag a trip to Old Trafford, The Emirates or Anfield for their supporters.

All wrong this and the fact it’s all been done on the QT speaks volumes.

It's comical how this was decided without all the clubs outside the prem. Shows huge disrespect to the football pyramid

The prem complain about games etc yet simple as this, your Liverpool/arsenal etc and you've an array of talent, the pick of most and don't beat a league 1 club that's on you regarding the replay, should have managed the game and won it.

The fa cup is or is meant to be a showpiece event and the way the FA have bent over shows their lack of competence as a supposed association.

This....detest football at times, these fucka's have zero interest in football, only the 💰 💰 💰

This....don't want to be in our competition on our terms, then jog on, simple as that.
Bang on.both points.

The first is they moan about games, manage your squads better simple. They have the talent, money and facilities....manage their better physically and prioritise. If you want to focus on league and Europe...fine go for it and don't play your strongest side against Cambridge. Mind they do this anyways so there's no excuse
A collective EFL boycott seems the best way as a few clubs have come out against it. Sunderland not said anything yet.
Tranmeres point was absolutely spot on in their press release

It's comical how this was decided without all the clubs outside the prem. Shows huge disrespect to the football pyramid

The prem complain about games etc yet simple as this, your Liverpool/arsenal etc and you've an array of talent, the pick of most and don't beat a league 1 club that's on you regarding the replay, should have managed the game and won it.

The fa cup is or is meant to be a showpiece event and the way the FA have bent over shows their lack of competence as a supposed association.
The Premier League is just vile to be honest.
Pretty much everything about it.
The arrogance, the play acting and diving (it’s pretty much non contact now) VAR, and the fact you probably only play 25% of your games on a Saturday at 3pm (if you are lucky).

It’s not even particularly competitive and, in the main, entirely predictable.

Do I enjoy watching ‘Super Sunday’ on television? Yes I do. It’s entertaining, high drama, but not the football I grew up on or love.

Am I longing to see SAFC return to the EPL?
Not in the slightest.

Replays are football heritage.

This is going to inconvenience fans when booking travel for ties, when previously the tie would only have been 90 minutes guaranteed in the first instance.

Also presumably the move is to allow teams at the top level to play more in Europe and generate more income.

It stinks.

The Premier League is just vile to be honest.
Pretty much everything about it.
The arrogance, the play acting and diving (it’s pretty much non contact now) VAR, and the fact you probably only play 25% of your games on a Saturday at 3pm (if you are lucky).

It’s not even particularly competitive and, in the main, entirely predictable.

Do I enjoy watching ‘Super Sunday’ on television? Yes I do. It’s entertaining, high drama, but not the football I grew up on or love.

Am I longing to see SAFC return to the EPL?
Not in the slightest.
I lose alot of interest in the prem and have done for a while now even when safc were there as its the only interest I would have.

Do I miss the prem generally no...do I know safc need to be there for our club size structure etc etc yes

Your points on VAR, diving etc and the games are bang on also.

The prem has become exactly what it set out to be from 1992...money driven, no care for the fan and at times an average watch but the problem is it alienates the fanbases and the money is out of control. Would I like to see it implode, yes but sadly that will be at the consequence of a club who may go into administration or other...its coming one day as its unsustainable and the fans will suffer as a result

There hasn't been a replay for the final for years, this is simply bringing consistency to all of the rounds of the competition

I lose alot of interest in the prem and have done for a while now even when safc were there as its the only interest I would have.

Do I miss the prem generally no...do I know safc need to be there for our club size structure etc etc yes

Your points on VAR, diving etc and the games are bang on also.

The prem has become exactly what it set out to be from 1992...money driven, no care for the fan and at times an average watch but the problem is it alienates the fanbases and the money is out of control. Would I like to see it implode, yes but sadly that will be at the consequence of a club who may go into administration or other...its coming one day as its unsustainable and the fans will suffer as a result
I think many are happy to let the prem get on with it.

This impacts every league club plus below.

Suprised the twats didnt ask if they can field their kids like in papa johns.
There hasn't been a replay for the final for years, this is simply bringing consistency to all of the rounds of the competition
The finals never going to involve the sort of clubs where a replay fills their coffers for years.

The League Cup will be in their sights next mate. Matter of time before they’re pushing to have that scrapped.
Yeah, they’ll want the LC gone too, though at least the EFL controls so surely clubs will stand together to defy the big 6. They want extra time created so a few league games can be moved to the US, Japan, Middle East etc.
Just wait for SAFC to get back to the PL, fans looking forward to a first visit to Spurs’ new ground and it’s switched to Indonesia or the like.

Back