The Jinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, TBH I was a little disappointed with it. Maybe my expectations had been raised unfairly, but I thought it was a bit bloated and probably should've been a two parter.

Just been reading up on this . It starts on Sky Atlantic on 16th April

It's available now if you've got "On Demand" thru Sky.

Yeah, TBH I was a little disappointed with it. Maybe my expectations had been raised unfairly, but I thought it was a bit bloated and probably should've been a two parter.

Sky are showing it in 6 parts. I reckon it makes it easier to watch broken down into manageable chunks to watch at ya leaisure.

What a story tho !!!

Sky are showing it in 6 parts. I reckon it makes it easier to watch broken down into manageable chunks to watch at ya leaisure.

What a story tho !!!
Was that not how it was originally shown? That's how I watched it - 6x 45mins.

Not especially bothered how they split it but I felt that 4 and a half hours was a bit much. Maybe an episode too long in the middle.

Must be one cold bastard like.

Is this the guy that admitted killing people by talking to himself in the bogs without realising he was still miked up?

Was that not how it was originally shown? That's how I watched it - 6x 45mins.

Not especially bothered how they split it but I felt that 4 and a half hours was a bit much. Maybe an episode too long in the middle.

Must be one cold bastard like.

Maybe. I dunno.

He's definitely an odd-ball.

Is this the guy that admitted killing people by talking to himself in the bogs without realising he was still miked up?

That's the final scene in the final episode

Really enjoyed watching this knew very little about him before watching so it was all new to me. The last few episodes are excellent, and the last ten minutes us some of the best tv I've seen.

Really enjoyed watching this knew very little about him before watching so it was all new to me. The last few episodes are excellent, and the last ten minutes us some of the best tv I've seen.

Agree with this. I reckon a lot of it due to seeing his ma top herself when a 7 year old. I found last episode especially interesting and left me cold at end.

SPOILER ALERT (don't know how to do it properly)

Just finished watching it and read online he's getting extradited to stand trial for his mate that he shot.

Death penalty a possible outcome.

Just finished this after it was recommended on the Making a Murderer thread.

**SPOILER**

Thought it was brilliant and there's no doubt in my mind that he murdered all three people.

The final ten minutes are absolutely chilling to the bone. Unbelievable television.

Just finished this after it was recommended on the Making a Murderer thread.

**SPOILER**

Thought it was brilliant and there's no doubt in my mind that he murdered all three people.

The final ten minutes are absolutely chilling to the bone. Unbelievable television.
Where is this? Just been looking on Genesis but there's no stream.

Unbelievable television?
I'd say unbelievable justice system that he cut a man into pieces and tossed him into Galveaton Bay and the jury didn't convict him for it. Like Mencken said, there's no underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

Where is this? Just been looking on Genesis but there's no stream.
Think I found it on Genesis like. Might have been phoenix though. Alternatively all the episodes are on dailymotion

Unbelievable television?
I'd say unbelievable justice system that he cut a man into pieces and tossed him into Galveaton Bay and the jury didn't convict him for it. Like Mencken said, there's no underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
Have you seen it Tex? I understand your point but there is no doubt for me that the last ten minutes is some of the most unbelievable documentary footage ever recorded.

Think I found it on Genesis like. Might have been phoenix though. Alternatively all the episodes are on dailymotion

Have you seen it Tex? I understand your point but there is no doubt for me that the last ten minutes is some of the most unbelievable documentary footage ever recorded.
Aye, followed the story in the news at the time and couldn't believe he was acquitted. Thought the series was very interesting and that he was as thick as mince going on the way he did, which made me all the more surprised he outwitted the law for so long. Also if you watch him you notice whenever he's lying his face twitches. He's been banged up again now and I don't fancy his chances of holding onto his fortune if he buys into the cell block poker game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back