The New Rolling Stones Album.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
It’s mental listening to this. Specifically the tune with Paul McCartney Song to think it’s made by a collective of blokes of about 400 :lol:

Anyway there’s a few good songs on it that make it worth releasing. Just listening to it for the second time and overall I like it.

My mate said he thought it was topper on Saturday night, gave it a bash Sunday, really good. Might give it another go tomorrow
It’s nee exile on Main Street like and if they began with this they’d not even get a deal but it’s a solid album. There’s no ‘doom and gloom‘ on it which was an absolutely class single.

I like it though

It’s mental listening to this. Specifically the tune with Paul McCartney Song to think it’s made by a collective of blokes of about 400 :lol:

Anyway there’s a few good songs on it that make it worth releasing. Just listening to it for the second time and overall I like it.
First listen I liked it up untill about track 7. Then it stared to grate a bit. They are trying to sound like the pistols on some tracks and the production sounds too polished for me - most un-stones like.

Micks voice sounds good. No doubt about it, he defies his age.

The guitars sound good mostly too.

I have this fear they will do what they always do when they play live and drag all the songs out to 6 minutes.

They seem to have forgotten how to write a three minute pop song.

I can see them doing the Super Bowl half time show with these songs.

It’s nee exile on Main Street like and if they began with this they’d not even get a deal but it’s a solid album. There’s no ‘doom and gloom‘ on it which was an absolutely class single.

I like it though
Saying they wouldn’t get a deal if they began with this , doesn’t exactly sell it , mind …

At the risk of upsetting people, and I've not heard it yet, have they not become a bit of a nostalgic after thought?

They're target audience will always love them [(and their prodigious back catalogue) I'll probably listen to it and enjoy it myself] but too a lot of youngins they're a bit of an anachronism?

My oldest (14) thought they were all dead. And she's been brought up hearing them.

EDIT: Puts on tin hat and ducks into sand bag bunker

Last edited:
It's a great album.

Bringing in Andrew Watt as producer has been a revelation. Good to hear Jagger, Richards, Wood, Watts and Wyman on the same track for the first time in over 30 years too.

At the risk of upsetting people, and I've not heard it yet, have they not become a bit of a nostalgic after thought?

They're target audience will always love them [(and their prodigious back catalogue) I'll probably listen to it and enjoy it myself] but too a lot of youngins they're a bit of an anachronism?

My oldest (14) thought they were all dead. And she's been brought up hearing them.

EDIT: Puts on tin hat and ducks into sand bag bunker
All true until they bring out an album of new material ands it's quite well received
You're still relevant without any teenage fans

I like Micks solo song with Dave Grohl

It's probably better than most of the stuff they did in the 80s, which itself was 40 years ago. So definitely worthwhile.

I re-listened to A Bigger Bang for the first time since it was first out on the back of this and that's not bad either.

The guest spots are quite interesting really, 'cos unless you already knew that they were there, you wouldn't have realised otherwise. Nobody's stepping on the Stones' toes.

It's probably better than most of the stuff they did in the 80s, which itself was 40 years ago. So definitely worthwhile.

I re-listened to A Bigger Bang for the first time since it was first out on the back of this and that's not bad either.

The guest spots are quite interesting really, 'cos unless you already knew that they were there, you wouldn't have realised otherwise. Nobody's stepping on the Stones' toes.
Agree, they are very much stones songs except for the Sex Pistols ones. I would struggle to know Elton, Macca, or Stevie were on these tracks.

Dave Grohl must be on it too Shirley?

Agree, they are very much stones songs except for the Sex Pistols ones. I would struggle to know Elton, Macca, or Stevie were on these tracks.

Dave Grohl must be on it too Shirley?
Not at all.... he hasn't got the Stones groove.

There's a couple of nuances in the Charlie tracks that set him apart slightly, I'm talking a little roll or two, but Steve Jordan just about has it nailed so you'd barely notice a change.

I know where you're coming from with than punkier edge to a couple of them, but I think they work. They're still the Stones. The Stones' albums are littered with tracks going across and bending genres. People in 1978 probably thought Miss You sounded like a disco record rather than a Stones song.

They were already doin' punk in '78 too...

Last edited:

Back