The ref

One slight annoyance….. right at the end. 95th minute and Rusyn is blatantly being held by their CB, literally clinging on to his arm as Rusyn wins the header. Blows for a foul to them. It’s decisions like this that I can never fathom.

By and large was a pretty uneventful game to officiate but all done well. I'm fairly near a a corner flag and noticed yesterday a linesman said corner in his mic which I'm guessing was aimed at the ref. Pretty certain he never flagged for corner with just the ref pointing for one. If he never flagged seems a bit strange cos if your looking from a distance it looks like the ref gave it over the linesman which definitely wasn't the case

By and large was a pretty uneventful game to officiate but all done well. I'm fairly near a a corner flag and noticed yesterday a linesman said corner in his mic which I'm guessing was aimed at the ref. Pretty certain he never flagged for corner with just the ref pointing for one. If he never flagged seems a bit strange cos if your looking from a distance it looks like the ref gave it over the linesman which definitely wasn't the case
Was that the one where it was borderline? Bellingham was on the floor? He did slightly gesture and if he asked or informed it was a bit strange. He may as well of just pointed. That’s a bit of a we are both guessing here game. I think fans like to see the decisions be decisive.

Mind you if that’s the grumble he’s had a cracking game, feel like generally the last 4/5 4referees have been decent when I’ve been there.

Back