The Sir Bob Murray stand

Got total respect for Bob Murray but he’s got the Murray gates and he’ll go down as the man who sorted the stadium and academy. It’s time for Charlie Hurley to be honoured in my opinion.
And players like Gurney and Carter. I would have also said Bobby Kerr but I don’t particularly like tbh.

Not a fan of talking about death, but it's the sort of thing that would happen when he does. Doesn't make too much sense when he's still alive.
Never get why people only get things named after they die, seems pointless as they aren't here to see the recognition from people for the work they done. I know they don't do it to get a road, bridge or stadium named after them but just seems a bit pointless waiting till they die to say thanks and for your work we are doing this.

Never get why people only get things named after they die, seems pointless as they aren't here to see the recognition from people for the work they done. I know they don't do it to get a road, bridge or stadium named after them but just seems a bit pointless waiting till they die to say thanks and for your work we are doing this.

Just a form of remembrance, I'd say, but get your point like. Plus they can't really do anything which wrecks their legacy overnight and the controversy behind it.

Given Sir Bob's contribution to the club, the stadium, academy, beacon and foundation has there never been a call for a stand to be named after him. I think it would be a fitting tribute to name the West stand after him for everything he has done for our club
Barely got a clap when he came on the pitch the other week, so probably a non-starter

Finished his book last night actually.

6/10.

Great at blowing his own trumpet n having ready made excuse for every fuckup. Was suprised how critial of Reidy has was tbf.

Might as well call the north stand The Steve Davison End while we're at it
In all fairness Bob sorted our Stadium and Academy, and also the Beacon but he already has The Murray Gates

If you watch the recent vid the club put on youtube, he doesn't believe in naming any of the sol stands after any individual and I strongly agree with him on that.

Close the thread.
Doesn't want it and has said so. He has the gates and is content that his legacy will be the SOL, AOL & BOL.
This.

Last edited:
The rewriting of history to turn his mainly inadequate time as custodian of the club into some sort of golden period seems to be working

Back