Things you miss about football since you first went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It simply felt like an adventure.
Getting home after a game, light evenings and playing a game in the park thinking you were playing for Swindon.

Just glad I can close my eyes and remember.
Loved the days standing with mates in the Town End kicking into it second half........wish I could go back in a time machine and witness it again.

told this story before on here. I had the chance to go back to a lasses house on a Friday night from the County in Shields as her parents were away. Yep you guessed I went to Leyton Fuckin Orient on the midnight bus instead.
I saw her years later and she was stunning- blonde/tall/legs to die for/figure of a model etc
I have hated Leyton f***ing Orient ever since :)
Class marra.:lol::lol:.

It simply felt like an adventure.
Getting home after a game, light evenings and playing a game in the park thinking you were playing for Swindon.

Just glad I can close my eyes and remember.
Loved the days standing with mates in the Town End kicking into it second half........wish I could go back in a time machine and witness it again.
Used to watch Blackburn as a teen and go to the park after the match to play ourselves all enthused after a Blackburn win.

Getting there early, so I could get a place in front of one of the safety rails in the fullwell so when the surge happened I would be ok. Peanuts in a paper cup, my dad picking up his roker bingo cards, the train ride back to heworth. And not caring that we were shite just being there was worth it.

Gravy pies , the smell of tobacco and booze wafting in the cold air

Beautiful

Running up to the shop that sold old football programmes (somewhere round Cardwell or Ripon St) where they wrote the final scores from the other matches on bits of paper and stuck them in the window for all the punters coming out of Roker Park.

No smart phones in them days lads.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back