Not open for further replies.

As requested by @Icarebecauseyoudo ;)

Starts next weekend in Leeds with the first 3 stages on English soil:

Stage 1- Leeds to Harrogate
Logon or register to see this image

Stage 2- York to Sheffield

Logon or register to see this image

Stage 3- Cambridge to London

I'll be off to watch Stage 1 and possibly 2.

Should be a cracking race with Contador back on form to challenge Froome

I can't see past Froome again this year... His ability on the hills are amazing... I just hope Porte has a better tour this year to back him up...

I can't see past Froome again this year... His ability on the hills are amazing... I just hope Porte has a better tour this year to back him up...

a very important point..been badly off form and also had illness.

A fit and fully firing Porte is very important and useful.....as would have been a Wiggings but hey ho

Initially planning to drive to Scorton way, and ride to Leyburn way...whether or not it comes off is another matter

Sky squad: Froome, Porte, Thomas, Nieve, Kiryienka, Lopez, Eisel, Zandio and Pate

Pretty weak tbh, Wiggo would certainly have offered more than Zandio or Pate, surprised Kennaugh isn't there

Would say strongish...BUT agree that it could have been stronger.

Wiggins a no brainer, Kennaugh would have gone( but had a few injury set backs) and Stannard a big miss.
Good to see Bernie there though, think a Rogers/Eisel type is sometimes missing from SKY

I know I've harped on about not wanting to take Wiggo if was team leader. But now that I've seen the team I'm really disappointed he's not there.

I know I've harped on about not wanting to take Wiggo if was team leader. But now that I've seen the team I'm really disappointed he's not there.
im really surprised having seen that squad...

perhaps all those media reports of infighting were actually true. i've assumed that whilst wiggo & froome didnt get on, that the level of distrust was embellished some what in media reports.

this kinda suggests that the media have been cock-on all these years - it looks like froome has cut of his nose to spite his face...

im really surprised having seen that squad...

perhaps all those media reports of infighting were actually true. i've assumed that whilst wiggo & froome didnt get on, that the level of distrust was embellished some what in media reports.

this kinda suggests that the media have been cock-on all these years - it looks like froome has cut of his nose to spite his face...

Froome despite being polite and probably a decent fella is by all accounts very ruthless ( not a bad thing in top end sport )

When signing his latest contract he would have got veto and assurances regarding TDF team etc. ...and Brailsford can dispute that all he wants

Still convinced he was worried about a fit and motivated wiggins being within a matter of minutes going into penultimate stage .

Froome despite being polite and probably a decent fella is by all accounts very ruthless ( not a bad thing in top end sport )

When signing his latest contract he would have got veto and assurances regarding TDF team etc. ...and Brailsford can dispute that all he wants

Still convinced he was worried about a fit and motivated wiggins being within a matter of minutes going into penultimate stage .
Do you think that would really be possible if Wiggins had been acting as a domestique? If Wiggins was doing his job driving the team on at the bottom of climbs i'm sure he'd have nowt left when attacks came further up the big mountain stages. He could possible lose tens of minutes on some of those stages. Or not.:lol:

Oh,anyone running one of those dream team thinghys this year?

Do you think that would really be possible if Wiggins had been acting as a domestique? If Wiggins was doing his job driving the team on at the bottom of climbs i'm sure he'd have nowt left when attacks came further up the big mountain stages. He could possible lose tens of minutes on some of those stages. Or not.:lol:

Oh,anyone running one of those dream team thinghys this year?

Guessing the term now for it "super domestique"
He wouldn't have been driving it like the Pate's and Stannards. In fact the role would be similar to he role Porte plays for Froome and Froome for Wiggins.
No chance would a fit and motivated Wiggins be losing 10 minutes a stage.

Not saying Wiggins would have been in touch for Bergerac but there was certainly that possibility and I think Froome who is no fool also recognised that.

Could be talking shite of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back