University of Sunderland shortlisted for University of the Year.

https://www.sunderland.ac.uk › more › news › story › one-show-shines-spotlight-on-student...

One Show shines spotlight on student midwives | The University of ...​

Home / More / News / One Show shines spotlight on student midwives Published on 11 April 2023 Broadcast on 6 April 2023 on the BBC's One Show, the short film - highlighting a shortage of midwives in the UK - focused on four students in their first year of training at the

Good news

They have identified a need for health and social care professionals in the local system and massively expanded their range of programmes to supply them, including via degree apprenticeships.

The School of Nursing and Medical School have made a big difference to the numbers of professionals being trained locally

Good news

They have identified a need for health and social care professionals in the local system and massively expanded their range of programmes to supply them, including via degree apprenticeships.

The School of Nursing and Medical School have made a big difference to the numbers of professionals being trained locally

Exactly Midwifery Medicine Nursing Paramedic degrees etc but don't mention it on FB.

FFS

Up 8 places to 75th in the complete university guide league table

Here

They offered me a part-time role 4 weeks ago with an immediate start, which I accepted and haven't heard anything since.

I owe a lot to the institution from my student days but find it chaotic at all levels.

I loved Sunderland uni like. Been a while since I was there but the facilities are top notch. Excellent for nursing as well so I’m told. Have a replica A&E on Chester road.

Manor Quay still going?

The uni I graduated from recently has all the practice mock up nursing suites - used to be in an old building on the campus with the lights that turn on when there's movement in the corridors and I was usually one of the early ones in the building on a morning. The number of times I nearly shat my pants in fear seeing the mannequins sat up in their PJs in the nursing suite rooms through the corridor windows was embarrassing.

Considering the mess recruitment in healthcare is in - could use them adding a few more courses to the healthcare remit - things like SALT and OT would really help the numbers entering the professions there as well (and we might get another band 5 without throwing a bajillion golden hellos out there)

The uni I graduated from recently has all the practice mock up nursing suites - used to be in an old building on the campus with the lights that turn on when there's movement in the corridors and I was usually one of the early ones in the building on a morning. The number of times I nearly shat my pants in fear seeing the mannequins sat up in their PJs in the nursing suite rooms through the corridor windows was embarrassing.

Considering the mess recruitment in healthcare is in - could use them adding a few more courses to the healthcare remit - things like SALT and OT would really help the numbers entering the professions there as well (and we might get another band 5 without throwing a bajillion golden hellos out there)

Sunderland already offer OT and an OT apprenticeship degree...there could be others added, and as you say graduates will walk into jobs

Good boost to the city's economy.

https://www.sunderland.ac.uk › more › news › story › graduations-2023-celebrating-academic...

GRADUATIONS 2023: Celebrating academic success​

Held over five days - Monday 10 July to Friday 14 July - the graduations are a celebration of all the hard work and effort students have committed to their studies over the course of their programme. University Chancellor Emeli Sandé will oversee Tuesday’s ceremony.
Complete farce at the minute mind. Starting late (5 mins so far), no instructions given, everyone sitting where they want. God knows who's certificate I'm going to receive. Might get a doctorate instead of a masters here!

Guests have been told to sit where they can't see the stage, now being shifted for late gowning students. Absolute chaos.

Guests have been told to sit where they can't see the stage

thats what happened with my Masters last year which was postponed since 2020. the guests were on the left side and all the students were lined up on the stairs so no guests could see anything and weren't allowed to stand up to get photos. i was really disappointed for guests

My time at what was then Sunderland Poly in the early 70s was definitely life-changing for me and proved instrumental in making me the man I am. They kicked me out after a year like, but it was great fun while it lasted.

thats what happened with my Masters last year which was postponed since 2020. the guests were on the left side and all the students were lined up on the stairs so no guests could see anything and weren't allowed to stand up to get photos. i was really disappointed for guests
Exactly the same mate, paid £60 for two extra guests including my 4 year old daughter and they're seated next to the north west corner. Very frustrating.

https://www.sunderland.ac.uk › more › news › story › 100-positivity-national-student-survey...

100% positivity: National Student Survey reveals praise for University ...​

Published on 10 August 2023 A diverse range of programmes running at the University of Sunderland have received 100% positivity scores from delighted students. Results from this year’s National Student Survey (NSS) today show the University is scoring top marks when it comes to an array of categories, including teaching and support for students.

Back