Valve factory in Sunderland

My Mate has retired his Diezel amp from gigging due to valve shortages .My oldish Peavey bass head didnt like anything but one Russian brand (amp built in states )
You can still pretty much get anything but it becomes expensive the rarer they get. I've done a bit of homework on sources lately if I can be of any help.

Missed this thread at the time hopefully you got your answers by now .If not I can tell you I worked at B factory and the adjacent D factory from 1970 untill it closed .B+D factory made cathode ray tubes for monochrome tvs and valves like pcl85 .The A factory was at the top of Steels Bank and made radio valves

I worked at the Thorn’s factory in Pallion for a year in the mid seventies.
Humping big TV tubes about.
Is that the factory that became auto leisure land, on the site this is now Pallion retail park? It then became mfi for a while till new units were built and mfi moved out. It was then demolished to make way for more units.
My father in law who was a salesman's dream went into auto leisure land to buy some wiper blades and ended up buying a car instead. The mother in law wasn't impressed. I think they held a Sunday market on the site as well back in the seventies.

Is that the factory that became auto leisure land, on the site this is now Pallion retail park? It then became mfi for a while till new units were built and mfi moved out. It was then demolished to make way for more units.
My father in law who was a salesman's dream went into auto leisure land to buy some wiper blades and ended up buying a car instead. The mother in law wasn't impressed. I think they held a Sunday market on the site as well back in the seventies.
I don’t think it became Auto Leisureland.
It was right at the top of the estate.

There was a big Eriksons factory in North Hylton Road Southwick until I believe the 1970's . They manufactured valves. Me mam worked there for a short time in the early 1960' s I remember that the bottom of her shopping bag was layers in tiny horseshoe shaped fillaments
Yeah my mam worked at Eriksons too, the mid sixties.

Back