what will be the form of Beale's demise

19FTM73

Midfield
Every manager leaves one way or another. And while I desperately hope Beale moves the club forward, I haven't spoken to anyone who thinks he will. I certainly don't have high expectations.

Any views on what the circumstances will be when he will eventually leave us.....for example:
  1. Departs with the keys of the City some time mid 2030s, having secured promotion in April '24, stablised the club upper-middle of the Premier and won a trophy or two. Decent compensation as he steps into the role of England Manager.
  2. Poached by (insert, e.g. Stoke or Hull) 2026 after missing out via the play offs for the 3rd consecutive time.
  3. Walks away around October '24 having missed out on the play offs by a couple of points with the team mid-table in the Championship
  4. Sacked by Easter after a run of six straight defeats, starting today against Ipswich.
  5. Other?
I'm hoping for 1, but pretty sure it's going to be 3 or 4. A quick, or slightly delayed, but painful exit.

Last edited:

I’m sure we’d all hop for option 1 but I’ve got to say the odds are pretty much stacked against him.

I can remember quite a few appointments which have been met with indifference and a general preparedness to see how things pan out.

Of those a few have been surprisingly good (I’d argue Mowbray was one) and a few pretty poor (more in this camp to choose from).

Beale’s appointment was met with almost universal disappointment and as such he’s really started on the back foot.

I’m sure people are prepared to give him a chance but starting from this much of a disapproval rating doesn’t give him much leeway at all if things don’t go well.

I hope the opposite but I’d be surprised if he’s still our head coach at the start of next season.

Last edited:
Other? Turns out He was responsible for telling the Police it would be fine to let 6,000 of the Great Unwashed run amok in our Stadium and decorate it However they wished in the Hope of motivating the Team as He knows we play better Away from Home. :rolleyes:

KLD was furious mind at this Tactically Error and asks Speakman to have a word.

Every manager leaves one way or another. And while I desperately hope Beale moves the club forward, I haven't spoken to anyone who thinks he will. I certainly don't have high expectations.

Any views on what the circumstances will be when he will eventually leave us.....for example:
  1. Departs with the keys of the City some time mid 2030s, having secured promotion in April '24, stablised the club upper-middle of the Premier and won a trophy or two. Decent compensation as he steps into the role of England Manager.
  2. Poached by (insert, e.g. Stoke or Hull) 2026 after missing out via the play offs for the 3rd consecutive time.
  3. Walks away around October '24 having missed out on the play offs by a couple of points with the team mid-table in the Championship
  4. Sacked by Easter after a run of six straight defeats, starting today against Ipswich.
  5. Other?
I'm hoping for 1, but pretty sure it's going to be 3 or 4. A quick, or slightly delayed, but painful exit.
Football is a results based business, so at some point in the future he will be sacked, whether this is in a month, a year or ten years time will become apparent at some point.

I’m sure we’d all hop for option 1 but I’ve got to say the odds are pretty much stacked against him.

I can remember quite a few appointments which have been met with indifference and a general preparedness to see how things pan out.

Of those a few have been surprisingly good (I’d argue Mowbray was one) and a few pretty poor (more in this camp to choose from).

Beale’s appointment was met with almost universal disappointment and as such he’s really started on the back foot.

I’m sure people are prepared to give him a chance but starting from this much of a disapproval rating doesn’t give him much leeway at all if things don’t go well.

I hope the opposite but I’d be surprised if he’s still our head coach at the start of next season.
Get promoted, or play off at least, then I think he'll still be here next season. To be fair, that's probably fair that he would be. Miss the play offs, probably still here on a stay f execution depending on Sept and Oct next season. I'd prefer he either did terrible and went quick, or hit the play offs this season and pushed on.
Football is a results based business, so at some point in the future he will be sacked, whether this is in a month, a year or ten years time will become apparent at some point.
Glad you're not sitting on the fence :).

Any view which way he'll eventually go?

Last edited:

Back