Whisky

I've got myself off the Whiskybroker naughty step and arranged delivery of my bottles. I may find myself in A&E after their arrival though. The other bottle is a 10 yo Balmenach. They are awaiting labels from the printers apparently.
Did you phone them or have to negotiate the shipping 'add bottle' thing on the website?

Posted this before but delivery has come down to something reasonable…with a discount code the bundle I’d £60

Tempted

Did you phone them or have to negotiate the shipping 'add bottle' thing on the website?
I did the 'add a bottle' and it was really simple to use with a dropdown menu, added 16 bottles and it then came up with a shipping cost of £10.58 which seems very reasonable. I also emailed after doing this as a couple of bottles were missing off my account but were shown on the stored invoices. This was described by the lass as 'the website not working the best'. She said the bottles would be shipped tomorrow.

Signatory have released what has to be the most bonkers blend I’ve ever seen. The list of distilleries included in it is crazy. Most must have slipped beneath the 40% watershed to be wasted in something like this.

IMG_2150.jpeg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Have thought for years about joining SMWS…I know a few on here have.

The fact no bars nearby sort of put me off but maybe tempted to give it a go for a year.

What’s the quality and price range of their monthly outturns ?
Delivery free I take it ?

Have thought for years about joining SMWS…I know a few on here have.

The fact no bars nearby sort of put me off but maybe tempted to give it a go for a year.

What’s the quality and price range of their monthly outturns ?
Delivery free I take it ?
It goes in waves for me. I haven’t bought anything from them since June last year as there’s been little of interest. Prior to that I’d averaged about 20-24 bottles per year for the previous 3 years.

Further back than that, I considered leaving as again there was little of interest and I believed their pricing was askew.

I’d say they’re about averagely priced now but at the moment there are a small number of distilleries that appear in the outturns too often for my liking.

There’s a latest outturn section in the website I’d monitor that across 2-3 months to see what you might be interested in before committing to a membership.

Edit: One thing I do like is that everything is free postage.

Last edited:
It goes in waves for me. I haven’t bought anything from them since June last year as there’s been little of interest. Prior to that I’d averaged about 20-24 bottles per year for the previous 3 years.

Further back than that, I considered leaving as again there was little of interest and I believed their pricing was askew.

I’d say they’re about averagely priced now but at the moment there are a small number of distilleries that appear in the outturns too often for my liking.

There’s a latest outturn section in the website I’d monitor that across 2-3 months to see what you might be interested in before committing to a membership.

Edit: One thing I do like is that everything is free postage.
Yes checked the latest out turn and might do this for a few months to gauge bottles and also prices...
Aye free postage is good...same with master of malt and means my default place to look. They have some decent own/single cask stuff as well

Cheers, I've now got 7 bottles stored. I knew it was £9 for 1 to 6 bottles, but didn't fancy another £9 for shipping the 7th (28yo Speyside)
My consignment arrived today and they squeezed 8 bottles into each box by doubling up the bottles in the middle segment of the vac packs so 7 in one box is no bother for them.

Back