Who is the most talented musician at present?

Steven Wilson - multi-instrumentalist - has collaborated on many side projects outside of Porcupine Tree and his solo work covering a wide range of musical styles and also one of the leading 5.1 surround sound mixers that many artists go to for their albums.
Worked extensively with Guthrie Govan and Nick Beggs who are also two superb players. I like some of Stevens stuff.

I like listening to Justin Johnson, such a talented fella.

Him playing Heavy Swamp Blues on a fretless guitar is something else.

Dave Grohl.

In terms of musical ability, he's very talented. Been part of two of the biggest global groups in the past 30 years.

Jacob Collier is like the modern Mike Oldfield

he can play virtually anything put in front of him, but also has the technical and production side of things as well

Steven Wilson - multi-instrumentalist - has collaborated on many side projects outside of Porcupine Tree and his solo work covering a wide range of musical styles and also one of the leading 5.1 surround sound mixers that many artists go to for their albums.
I've never been a huge fan, though I have listened to a few of his albums over the years and mostly enjoyed them. His latest album however has got me knocked sideways by how good it is. And I actually came on here, to see if anyone was talking about it ? One of the finest records, I've heard in a good while for sure.. Even if the melody on track 2 is a blatant Supergrass rip off (Evening of the Day ).. Still a really nice song though, and likely done subconsciously ?

Back