Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

I reckon ours must have been out every week throughout summer. I even made pizza back in Feb but it was a struggle getting the temperature up, I'm presuming down to an unfavourable wind.

If putting thickly sliced chorizo on, I now crisp it up first in a sizzler dish. I can then cover it in mozzarella and get gooey cheese and crispy sausage.

Anyone fucked about making a Chicago style one? Was it worth it?

Got it in me head I wanna try one. Trouble is, I've never actually had on to know if I even like 'em or compare it to.
Tried ages ago. Ended up doughy and soggy. So maybe less heat needed initially then walloped up at the end.

Trying a frozen sourdough for the first time tonight. Obviously defrosting it first.

I’ve had a batch of sourdough on the go since Sunday for my Saturday night pizzas. Surprisingly easy to make and is bubbling up nicely and smelling delicious this evening. Will post pics on Saturday. Just used this recipe
Sourdough starter recipe | BBC Good Food
Was just looking at that recipe the other day, would you mind letting us know how it goes, how you make the final dough with the starter etc after step 6? 👍

Was just looking at that recipe the other day, would you mind letting us know how it goes, how you make the final dough with the starter etc after step 6? 👍
Didn’t go to plan unfortunately. Was fine up until putting it in the fridge. Nice and bubbly and smelled good but after a night in the fridge it didn’t. Tried to continue making the levain but it didn’t double in size as it should so had to ditch it and go for the good old yeast. Will give it another go in a few weeks. Still a decent pizza to be had the neet though

Logon or register to see this image

Didn’t go to plan unfortunately. Was fine up until putting it in the fridge. Nice and bubbly and smelled good but after a night in the fridge it didn’t. Tried to continue making the levain but it didn’t double in size as it should so had to ditch it and go for the good old yeast. Will give it another go in a few weeks. Still a decent pizza to be had the neet though

Logon or register to see this image
Yeah I made a starter a while back and it was looking good for the first few days then went to shit. Will have to give it another go.......
Pizza looks canny mind 👍

I really need to use mine, massive waste of money so far! Always end up ordering a pizza, then it arrives dripping in grease and i immediately regret it!

Even if I just buy the dough it'd be miles better.

Too lazy!!

Back