World Cup 2026 Confirmed venues

One for the planners who are wanting to go over the states for the next world cup.

Host City is New Jersey's MetLife Stadium which will host the final - Washington's FedExField was rejected as a venue for its poor maintenance - However Mexico will open the tournament in Mexico City's Azteca Stadium and the 2nd group game will be on the same day in Guadalajara -

All 3 co-hosts will play their group games in their own nations - US will play in the SoFi Stadium in New Jersey then Lumen Field in Seattle then back to SoFi. Canada will play in Toronto then the next 2 games in Vancouver. Mexico will play in Mexico City, then Guadalajara then back to Mexico City.

Stadiums in the US have been divided into regions to prevent absurd travel times (West Coast, Central and East Coast) - The shortest distance is from Texas to Houston at 500 miles, the longest is from LA to Boston at 2700 miles.

The only hazard which has been highlighted is LA's SoFi stadium which has a transparent roof and no air conditioning - Vancouver has been designated as West Coast so whoever gets either USA or Canada in their group will be playing at LA at 1 point during the group stage
I’m going to be wrecked doing the match threads at daft o’clock bloody yanks

Dread to think how much this one could cost to attend, don’t think I’ll be going over

I think I’m just going to do one or two group games mate. Maybe fly the day before the first group match and then fly back immediately after the second.

As I’ll be taking the kids, the cost for anything longer would just be silly (plus it’s during school term time as well)

Back