Worst player of the match today

I'm not blaming any of the players, they a young team that have been crying out for experiance and help for around 18 months. Its pretty clear they were playing above and beyond for Mowbray, the last few months is just a step too far for them. The current situation lies firmly at the feet of the owners and Speakman for me. Should individuals have done better at times? probably, but the last few games has genuinely been men against boys. Im certainly no happy clapper, but for me its obvious the squad is out of its depth, experiance wise.

Speakman, step up and take a bow.
You brought all of these knackers to our club.
The sooner you feck off, the better.

Honourable mention for Styles, not on the pitch long, but made a difference.
He’d just come in and couldn’t be arsed to jog never mind sprint to try to get back into position.
I’ve seen some shite at our place but this lad is right up there.
Next week is going to be fun and games with Seelt and Hjelde at centre half and him at left back. Think I’ll watch some Laurel and Hardy before to get warmed up for it.

Last edited:
Bellingham's goal gets him off the hook, but for me his pathetic header on 9 mins set the ball rolling. One of the worst pieces of defending this season alongside Ekwahs vs the Mags

Bellingham's goal gets him off the hook, but for me his pathetic header on 9 mins set the ball rolling. One of the worst pieces of defending this season alongside Ekwahs vs the Mags
Bellingham's goal doesn't get him off the hook. What he was thinking when he headed the ball going out of play into the centre of goal as a gift to the Saints strikers was inexcusable. Set the scene for the rest of the first half and having a good strike at goal well into the second half does nothing to redeem him in my eyes. When Dodds started Burstow and Jobe, I knew we would lose. Really dispiriting when I so much want the lads to do well.

Bellingham's goal doesn't get him off the hook. What he was thinking when he headed the ball going out of play into the centre of goal as a gift to the Saints strikers was inexcusable. Set the scene for the rest of the first half and having a good strike at goal well into the second half does nothing to redeem him in my eyes. When Dodds started Burstow and Jobe, I knew we would lose. Really dispiriting when I so much want the lads to do well.
I agree mate. I should have worded it as it will get him off the hook for some. As you said, 9 mins in and bingo for Southampton. They didn't have to work hard for their goals or other chances. We miss Prichards influence on and off the pitch. He was a talker.

Last edited:
Hjelde is absolutely shocking and I honestly don’t know what anyone saw in him.
He's hardly played in the last year - how could anyone have watched him in competitive games at this level? I'm not writing him off as he a young lad and CB is hard for a young un.

Last edited:
He's hardly played in the last year - how could anyone have watched him in competitive games at this level? I'm not writing him off as he a young lad and CB is hard for a young un.
3 Leeds supporting mates of mine said Hjelde was nowhere near ready to play Championship football. Subbed twice by Farke at HT. Positional sense very poor. I thought he was ok but slightly erratic at Boro, but improved the next match. Downhill fast since then. He's got time, but Cirkin and Huggins would be miles ahead with Hume ofcourse.

Back