Worst Sunderland managers in your time supporting?

Shit

Completely forgot about him.
Trying to erase it from memory
I have a horrible memory of seeing Grayson, with the squad, all riding bikes on SPN as the season was starting. Only person smiling was Grayson. Rest of em looked sick as fuck! I knew there was no hope from that footage alone.

this is a tough one

1.Moyes - it will be some going to whoever replaces this arsehole at the top of the list
2. Grayson - utterly hopeless and bought James Vaughan
3 Coleman - started very well, lost his way in the new year and it just got worse and worse
4. Parkinson Bolton performance and result on Boxing Day 2019, disaster bar a 5 or 6 game spell which quickly reverted back to type m.
5 Ross - started off superbly then he decided to abandon the attacking football that was getting us results, MR 1-1 draw

Worst for putting himself before the team, the supporters, the city - Moyes - had to go some to beat McMenemy but won at a canter

Worst for basically having no idea what he was doing - Bruce - by the end there was absolutely no discernible pattern or tactic

A disgrace of a manager. Admittedly I'm somewhat biased as Nic Sharkey was my first football hero.
was lucky enough to play golf with Nic a number of times at SSGC. A really top man, and more than a canny golfer as well.
Grayson
Coleman
Parkinson
In that order.

Anyone saying Moyes is an absolute wally (and I make no apologies for the strong language).
Moyes

Define "worst"

Last edited:
Moyes by a country mile.

At least the shite we had in League One actually tried and didn't give up after the first match.

I could say many.. Butcher, Wilkinson etc..

The issue with those, they took over at a low ebb and had no idea how to improve things.

In all my time supporting we've normally been looking for a playing identity etc..

When Mowbray came in I was sceptical... but he brought an identity, a style, a swagger.. Even losing we entertained, usually lost through naivety or misadventure. Things got a little bit more difficult this season and all the knee jerkers wanted rid, we should be better.

Well as usual in Sunderland what a mess. Beale is a middle manager, stats and PowerPoints without the ability or charisma to back his philosophy like a pound shop Mourinho a game plan that died years ago.. not even as charismatic as LJ.

He's totally dismantled a free flowing setup to an extent nobody has any idea what they are doing. His calls for more players in the box resulting in situations from set pieces where we are totally undone with a single pass. Being bullied by supporters to play a winger/10 as a centre forward who runs around and no-one ever passes to.. with the strength of Andy Welsh.

Mr Beale is my choice

Last edited:

Back