Would the club be prepared to clarify?

I’m just happy that relegation is not an issue and we have won more home games this season than last

I don’t think I could take watching safc get destroyed weekly in the premier league

we are miles off that level and it will continue for a good few years yet

1 What percentage is our wage bill x Turnover?

2 How does this compare to the other clubs in the Championship?

3 What approx is our Annual Turnover?

4 How does SAFC turnover compare to others in the Championship?

We then might get a greater understanding and accurate view on how we compare to others and how far we are prepared to go in achieving our PL aspirations.

There is a lot of conjecture that we can’t compete with x, y and z which is true of the relegated teams from last season, but would be good to understand how Ipswich for example don’t seem to have a problem in going for it. Or yes they have a rich organisation behind them. Last time I looked KLD was quite a wealthy young man, so let’s see how we compare and see how the best supported team in the Championship with a staggering average of over 41k supporters cannot attract a proven CF.

For those who are yet to listen to KS press conference this afternoon, he advised us that we had 3 or 4 ( why he can’t actually say the exact number is beyond me) No9’s lined up but at the death we couldn’t get them over the line!!! 3 Transfer Windows and we where hoping to sort it on the last day….. Total mismanagement.

We should just plod on!
Do you ever stop moaning??

Easier question would be what happened to the LN Drogba money?

What was It. 10million?

Theyve had 5 months to find some kind of capable centre forward to spend It on.
8m plus add ons. Probably paid over course of contract ( four years?) so about 2m available this season? We’ve spent more than that and were trying to spend more on players that didn’t come off.

This forum really has gone to shit hasn’t it.. all the sensible people seem to be slowly leaving and it’s descended into chaos. Laughing away at that first post ffs :lol:

I do think it’s time to just move on for now.

The new lads might be class and we’re not far off a good side as it stands. On our day we’re still good to watch. Hopefully we can see it more and more with time.

Last edited:
They're not entirely able to do that. Clubs are limited to losses of £5m, and an owner can put his own money in to allow losses of up to £13m. That's why the £13m figure tends to be used when talking about FFP in The Championship. Which, accourding to the last set of accounts, KLD has done iirc.

Owners can't just invest whatever they like into a club. That's why FFP exists. I know you're not daft, because I've discussed stuff on here with you before, so surely you know that owners can't just invest whatever they like?

"The maximum loss limit is now £13m per Championship season (or £5m a season of the owner does not inject equity to cover losses). Losses are assessed over three seasons (rather than just over the single, previous season)."
So, if they covered £13m per season (a drop in the ocean for them) that would more than cover any losses we make

Back