Would you be disappointed now if there wasn’t a takeover?

Michael Beale was the reason Michael Beale didn't work out here.
Rightly or wrongly - I don't think any manager would've succeeded under that level of criticism and pressure before he'd even managed a game. I'm not saying I thought he was the right man for the job but I was surprised at how he was treated even after the initial pushback.

I would like to see us employ a coach and stick with that coach through a bad run of results. Nearly every manager has gone when hitting a dowturn in form. I would've given Keane longer as an example that ended too soon in my opinion.

It's how it should be mate. Some people on here are just incapable of it though and begin throwing insults around as soon as someone disagrees with them. We all ultimately want the same thing we just see getting there a bit differently.
Bang on mate. One certain poster was just trolling me and kept tagging me...i
put him on ignore the other day and it's been bliss mate👍👍 Like you say, at the end of the day, we all want us to be flying high and getting promotion don't we!! FTM.

Rightly or wrongly - I don't think any manager would've succeeded under that level of criticism and pressure before he'd even managed a game. I'm not saying I thought he was the right man for the job but I was surprised at how he was treated even after the initial pushback.
None would have who thought throwing the players under the bus straight away was a good idea or completely blanking a fan favourite walking off the pitch after being substituted then pretending it didn't happen. It was a cracking example of self-sabotage from the off. The fallout after with the whole second social media account showed the level of the fella unfortunately.

You honestly don't reckon the fans had anything to do with Beale not workng out here mate?
I think they had nothing to do with him getting the sack, that was self inflicted, refusing to shake Humes hand, slagging off Aouchiche after the Ipswich game, complaining about the bench being too young against the mags, and the cherry on the cake was the burner account where he slagged off the club, the owner, the fans and the recruitment. The bigger issue is why he was appointed in the first place and Speakman coming out with its the best training he has ever witnessed to back up the appointment, a complete and utter shambles which could have been avoided if the club had listened to Mowbray and backed him in the two transfer windows before he was sacked mate. The days of signing the likes of Clarke and Ballard look long gone and in my opinion he has used that credit up when you look at what he has brought in since.

The owners themselves need to take a huge amount of responsibility for the Beale appointment going pear shaped.

I appreciate football is unique in many ways but when the prospect of Beale getting the job was first rumoured in the days leading up to his appointment I have never seen such a vitriolic response from at a conservative estimate at least 80% of our fan base.

If that unprecedented negative response didn’t raise a red flag to the club they seriously took their eye off the ball.

They then ignore fan disquiet, appoint Beale but don’t allow him to bring any of his own staff with him.

After a few games to assess the squad Beale then says we need a few players with grey hair (experience) and some help at the top end of the pitch. The club provide neither in the transfer window that followed.

Yes Beale was up against it from the off but that was all the clubs doing.

I just hope that whoever they appoint next gets assurances that he will be allowed to bring in some trusted staff and that when he clearly identifies what is needed to improve the side he won’t be ignored.

I think they had nothing to do with him getting the sack, that was self inflicted, refusing to shake Humes hand, slagging off Aouchiche after the Ipswich game, complaining about the bench being too young against the mags, and the cherry on the cake was the burner account where he slagged off the club, the owner, the fans and the recruitment. The bigger issue is why he was appointed in the first place and Speakman coming out with its the best training he has ever witnessed to back up the appointment, a complete and utter shambles which could have been avoided if the club had listened to Mowbray and backed him in the two transfer windows before he was sacked mate. The days of signing the likes of Clarke and Ballard look long gone and in my opinion he has used that credit up when you look at what he has brought in since.
I don't disagree with the mistakes Beale made, you're right there. I think this ownership has bought itself this summer to show they're serious about investing in the squad and hopefully we will see that happen. I would obviously become very concerned if that wasn't seen to be happening. I'm probably choosing to view it as one poor season recruitment wise and hoping they learn from their mistake with Beale. For what it's worth, I don't think any of Speakman, KLD or anyone else saw Mowbray as the person they wanted long term. So I wasn't massively surprised when he was sacked because he overachieved the season before and I think they always wanted a different type of coach in the seat going forward. But as has been highlighted, that's where you have to be flexible in your approach and if it isn't broke don't fix it.
The owners themselves need to take a huge amount of responsibility for the Beale appointment going pear shaped.

I appreciate football is unique in many ways but when the prospect of Beale getting the job was first rumoured in the days leading up to his appointment I have never seen such a vitriolic response from at a conservative estimate at least 80% of our fan base.

If that unprecedented negative response didn’t raise a red flag to the club they seriously took their eye off the ball.

They then ignore fan disquiet, appoint Beale but don’t allow him to bring any of his own staff with him.

After a few games to assess the squad Beale then says we need a few players with grey hair (experience) and some help at the top end of the pitch. The club provide neither in the transfer window that followed.

Yes Beale was up against it from the off but that was all the clubs doing.

I just hope that whoever they appoint next gets assurances that he will be allowed to bring in some trusted staff and that when he clearly identifies what is needed to improve the side he won’t be ignored.
Couldn't agree more regarding bringing in your own staff. Has to be allowed to happen for a coach to succeed imo.

Last edited:
Even known I get your point, barely anyone, bar a few on here, wanted Mowbray sacked so that was completely on Speakman and co. Most the other managers in the past 15 year, in particular, deserved the sack - who deserved longer...?
Exactly! Aside from the Snake, I would say only Allardyce and Mowbray did NOT deserve the sack by the time it came in those 15 years. Even Reidy had lost the plot by the time he went, and though McCarthy, Bruce, Advocaat, Di Canio ( :eek: ), O'Neill and Poyet had their brief moments of success, they all had us back on track for relegation by the time they were moved on - there was no sustained improvement. You could say that Keano fell into that category too as the team were struggling badly when he left, and had to be rescued by Sbragia.

This nonsense about 30 managers in 30 years includes all the caretakers! We have had 20 managers/head coaches since Buxton got the boot in 1995, and they include such mighty successes as Wilkinson, Moyes, Grayson, Coleman, Ross, Parkinson, Johnson and Beale. Nobody wanted the club to keep them!

Most clubs go through managers fairly quickly - it's really only the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal who give any sort of security to their managers. Even Man Utd and, of course, Chelsea, have gone through quite a few bosses, despite being relatively successful. And Beheaddie Howe is being closely scrutinised up the road, despite him having done a better job for them than they deserve! :lol:

And we, over the last 30 years (and more), have had very little success when compared with other clubs of similar size and history - just 3 x Top 10 placings in over 60 years, and never above 7th!!!! So we are more than warranted to change out unsuccessful managers.

I think they had nothing to do with him getting the sack, that was self inflicted, refusing to shake Humes hand, slagging off Aouchiche after the Ipswich game, complaining about the bench being too young against the mags, and the cherry on the cake was the burner account where he slagged off the club, the owner, the fans and the recruitment.
aye. But apart from that… 😂

Don’t want a new owner, just want this one to get it right.

Back