Zero chance of getting a credible 1st team coach

L1lyBrown

Striker
with the current set up.
Our best hope is the players respond and he gets the gig full time
Cheap fall guys may be easy to get but a serious contender with aspirations for the top? Regrettably I don't think so unless there is a change in philosophy

with the current set up.
Cheap fall guys may be easy to get but a serious contender with aspirations for the top? Regrettably I don't think so unless there is a change in philosophy
Dodds getting the job full time will likely lead to comparisons with Malcolm Crosby, who lasted half a season after getting Sunderland to the 92 FA Cup final.

with the current set up.
Or employ the likes of big names like Moyes who controlled transfers and gave his finished ex-Everton players one last big pay day.

Cannot stand the prick. Kernt of the highest order. Knew exactly what he was doing.

Tbh, I would prefer a Mag victory over any club that twat is managing every time.

Dodds getting the job full time will likely lead to comparisons with Malcolm Crosby, who lasted half a season after getting Sunderland to the 92 FA Cup final.
This and Warnock was lined up to take over which would have probably got us in the mix the next season. I still blame Don Goodman for us doing sh!t in the league.

with the current set up.
100% true ..The only hope is that every manager has to start somewhere.... ?So we might strike lucky(i doubt it if speaky is in the decision chain) like Leicester who struck it lucky with the right manager and the right bunch of players and won the prem! its no way to run a football club with ambition is it?

I can see a problem with your plan…….

Yeah, the way we've done things has seen several key players sign new and improved contracts, but we'll not let facts get in the way of bashing the club.

Big mistakes have been made and we're all pissed off with certain decisions but we have shown we are wiling to offer good contracts to players or we wouldn't have seen Patterson, Hume, Ballard, Cirkin, Neil and Roberts sign new deals this past year.

Speakman will be hoping Dodds does enough to give him the job. Other than that, maybe a coach working under someone at the big clubs?

Really can't see anyone with any reputation wanting to be fighting with the board for his own backroom staff, a half decent wage, and some experienced players to pick from.
I think that's the plan.
Dodds does well, give him it full time.😪

Speakman will be hoping Dodds does enough to give him the job. Other than that, maybe a coach working under someone at the big clubs?

Really can't see anyone with any reputation wanting to be fighting with the board for his own backroom staff, a half decent wage, and some experienced players to pick from.
Agreed and if you read Speakman’s quote in the club statement there is no mention of “the process to appoint a successor is now underway” or words to that effect, as there has been on all of the previous ones where we’ve given the head coach the boot.

It’s clear to me they are banking on Doddsy doing enough in the interim to justify giving him the job full time in the summer.

If that’s their plan then I can see loads holding off renewing their season tickets until the summer.

Agreed and if you read Speakman’s quote in the club statement there is no mention of “the process to appoint a successor is now underway” or words to that effect, as there has been on all of the previous ones where we’ve given the head coach the boot.

It’s clear to me they are banking on Doddsy doing enough in the interim to justify giving him the job full time in the summer.

If that’s their plan then I can see loads holding off renewing their season tickets until the summer.
That's exactly the plan.
You can see it a mile off.

Will depend where we finish tbh. If a coach wants to get a reputation and sees us as a likely contender for promotion for them then it’s possible we could get a decent up and coming guy in regardless of the constraining factors. If we finish mid table, then it’s doubtful we will be attracting anyone decent

Will depend where we finish tbh. If a coach wants to get a reputation and sees us as a likely contender for promotion for them then it’s possible we could get a decent up and coming guy in regardless of the constraining factors. If we finish mid table, then it’s doubtful we will be attracting anyone decent
The issue is if we look like we could be promotion contenders at the end of the season; either getting into the playoffs or just missing out, Dodds will likely be given the job. He'll only not get it if we really fall away. Looks like a catch 22 where a decent coach would only look at us if we're there or there abouts, and if we're there or there abouts Dodds will get the job.

The issue is if we look like we could be promotion contenders at the end of the season; either getting into the playoffs or just missing out, Dodds will likely be given the job. He'll only not get it if we really fall away. Looks like a catch 22 where a decent coach would only look at us if we're there or there abouts, and if we're there or there abouts Dodds will get the job.
Yup. I think we just have to hope Dodds does a good job tbh and keep our fingers crossed. He’s shown some tactical understanding in previous games he’s managed. I just hope rusyn is gonna get a run in the game, I don’t have to see Burstow again and Jobe isn’t played to death

Back