2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh, I think when it's pissing down you just have to suck it up and understand it's going to be a) shit and b) you're going to get wet

Always amazes me how many commuting cyclists disappear around late October, ok so its dark and a bit colder. Lights and hoy a layer on as necessary. I still enjoy it in a sick kind of way...

Always amazes me how many commuting cyclists disappear around late October, ok so its dark and a bit colder. Lights and hoy a layer on as necessary. I still enjoy it in a sick kind of way...
yeh same. I went out on sunday in monsoon conditions and took some sort of perverse pleasure in being one of about 3 cyclists out in it. double hard fuckers

Work about mile and half from home and worked out I could freewheel to work.

Moving office in February so might consider the odd commute then.

midnight rides in minus 10 to get your balls wet :lol:

Aye but that's a better reason than work. Cycled to work, similar mileage to CJs did a very little bit. Cycled home for dinner and can't be arsed to go back. Cycling round the crops on my GT is a bit sticky and slippy but also grat fun/bloody knachering.

Oh aye..:lol:
The early long ride to get his leg over

Young love/lust eh ?
clear.png

Is that a 10 mile course or so many laps of a course? I reckon I could create a canny 1 or 2 mile course, have options of hard track, corn stubble, rough grass and clayey stoned tracks.

The vets race,(i'm guessing you'd be a vet) is usually about 7 or 8 laps of the same course for the leaders,and about 5,6 or 7 for me.The seniors will do 10-ish laps of the same course,but in their own race,when ours is finished.

You could easy make your own course,if you've got a suitable site.I done one of my own on the banks of the tyne.I was there an hour ago.Some short hill climbs,some single tracks through the woods,all on grass and packed earth.

Laps of a course.

i.e. This is the lap from Hetton - http://app.strava.com/segments/8082377
I know now just watched a vid from the Thorneyford one, it looks bloody tough.

The vets race,(i'm guessing you'd be a vet) is usually about 7 or 8 laps of the same course for the leaders,and about 5,6 or 7 for me.The seniors will do 10-ish laps of the same course,but in their own race,when ours is finished.

You could easy make your own course,if you've got a suitable site.I done one of my own on the banks of the tyne.I was there an hour ago.Some short hill climbs,some single tracks through the woods,all on grass and packed earth.

The trouble with our place is it's probably too flat. I reckon I could still create a pretty tough and muddy 2 or 3 mile course though,

Laps of a course.

i.e. This is the lap from Hetton - http://app.strava.com/segments/8082377
http://cxne.org.uk/results/. And those are the lap times for that course,on that day.

I know now just watched a vid from the Thorneyford one, it looks bloody tough.

The trouble with our place is it's probably too flat. I reckon I could still create a pretty tough and muddy 2 or 3 mile course though,

Some to them on a mtb,especially on the very muddy courses.Not the fast lads though.They would be seen dead on a mtb in a cross race.I hate the mud.The Strava one Walter has posted was hilly and just a bit slippy.That was perfect.Last sat at the same place,on a different course,it was quite a bit worse for mud,but still a great testing ride.They've just done the inter area champs and it was a quagmire.There are some very funny pics doing the rounds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back