2024 Cycling Thread

Yep and if any chicanes are put in teams will just race even quicker to get prime position into any chicane.

Suppose thinking is at least pinch points and pile ups would be at lower speeds and without blasting onto cobbles
Might be true after all :lol:

Just checking the article wasn't posted on 01st April...

Christ, it will be absolute carnage.

It's been requested by the CPA so some riders must've made their concerns known. OK, there may be a better solution than a hairpin but options would've been presented before a final choice was made.
I didn’t get the impression from the article that the riders had approved that…seems they asked for a solution and this what was decided.

A really tricky section that never mind with riders going full blast to be in prime position.
They’ve been talking about making the entry to Arenberg “safer” for years. Not sure that’s it mind :lol:
This
Expected at Arenberg about 3pm CET based on fastest speed of Peloton…reckon might be even sooner if tailwinds.

In Mallorca ;) So morning bike ride, bait in Sa Gavina, back to room for shower and fire stick primed for back half of race.

Sorted

Last edited:
Expected at Arenberg about 3pm CET based on fastest speed of Peloton…reckon might be even sooner if tailwinds.
Was reading that San Remo & Flanders were both won with their highest average speed ever this season, so could arrive soon & quickly.

I didn’t get the impression from the article that the riders had approved that…seems they asked for a solution and this what was decided.

A really tricky section that never mind with riders going full blast to be in prime position.

Given vdP's reaction it seems they weren't but the CPA's reps are former riders so you'd hope they do right by those taking part.

Horrific crash in tour of Basque…
Vingegaard not moved for minutes, Roglic out, Evenpoel looks to have done collarbone.

Edit…conscious and being helped onto ambulance.

Race neutralised as all medical staff and ambulances busy with crash

Last edited:
'kin hell... on the back wout last week too that's not good.
It’s a shocker, not a Kirby fan but he’s rightly saying we don’t want to see multiple replays…as he says the worldwide feed just keeps showing it.

JV looks the worst, fingers crossed for him

They land into a concrete drain at the side there
Looks like riders , or at some hit boulders, and others went direct into a concrete drain trough
oh christ... looks like the peloton just went into the corner too quick and those on the outside ran out of room? other than someone's front wheel washing out its not like anyone came together or a fall started it...

Vingegaard confirmed to have broken his collarbone and some ribs in that accident today.

Not a great week, Bora confirmed that kamna was hit by a car yesterday while training in tennerife for the giro...

Reet you lovely cycling people. Me and a few mates doing the c2c Whitehaven to roker end may bank holiday. How prepared do I need to get for it :lol: Can easily ride to Stanhope up the route past consett but that’s probably the most I’ve ridden and not in about a year. We’re doing it owa 2 nights, stopping in Penrith and nenthead. I would say I’ve got a pretty decent mountain bike but is it worth putting some hybrid tyres on for it? Is there any bike survival kits I need to take? Any help will be greatly appreciated as I don’t have a clue :lol:

Reet you lovely cycling people. Me and a few mates doing the c2c Whitehaven to roker end may bank holiday. How prepared do I need to get for it :lol: Can easily ride to Stanhope up the route past consett but that’s probably the most I’ve ridden and not in about a year. We’re doing it owa 2 nights, stopping in Penrith and nenthead. I would say I’ve got a pretty decent mountain bike but is it worth putting some hybrid tyres on for it? Is there any bike survival kits I need to take? Any help will be greatly appreciated as I don’t have a clue :lol:

Only done it the twice and both on road bikes so unable to comment about mtb and hybrid set up.

What sort of mileage are you on about that you’re doing now ?

Not sure about your fitness but always worth doing some hill reps if you can find something suitable…anyhow good luck

Back