8 points will keep us up

Status
Not open for further replies.

We always come up with the 'what if' scenarios where we only have to do this and the others only have to do that and we'll be fine. Usually we do the opposite of what we have to do which is why we're where we are. Lets see how much Gus learned from his birds eye view in the stands about how wide the pitch actually is. That to me is what will save or sink us.

If he's learned nothing and reverts to his 'system' (I hate that word because I don't think there is an actual system) we might need another miracle, and we can't keep relying on those.

Big if though....I think we will get 2 points from those games.

It wouldn't surprise me if we drew against Villa and then turned over WHU. The derby could go either way y tbh

While the negativity on here is understandable, we are edging very close to survival and the next three games will be huge for us.

Poyet isn't going anywhere till at least the summer, so everyone needs to get behind him until we are safe

still a good point tho should the bottom three all get beat again.

Games running out fast at this stage of the season.
I would be disappointed with a point tbh. We need to win a couple of games and take care of ourselves. The mentality of just making sure there is 3 shitter teams than us, is a big reason we are where we are. What is it, 4 league wins all season? Woeful that.

It wouldn't surprise me if we drew against Villa and then turned over WHU. The derby could go either way y tbh

While the negativity on here is understandable, we are edging very close to survival and the next three games will be huge for us.

Poyet isn't going anywhere till at least the summer, so everyone needs to get behind him until we are safe
The way he set up at hull, made me think he doesn't want to be here. I agree, he's here till the summer so might as well accept it and get on with it. In the summer though, he can pack his bags as far as one concerned. I've also accepted I won't agree with much he does, in how he wants to play and set up, judging by what I've seen so far. Once he came out against the fans tbh, that was my mind made up. He needs to back that up with performances and results and well......

Last edited:
We are on pace for 35pts.
Villa is on pace for 34pts.
QPR is on pace for 31pts.
Burnley for 30pts.
Leicester for 24pts.

If QPR and Burnley don't get a significant improvement in form someone could stay up with 32pts or 31pts plus GD.
how shit is that ? being on pace for 35 points !! f***ing woeful

Been saying this for the last few weeks.

I would be disappointed with a point tbh. We need to win a couple of games and take care of ourselves. The mentality of just making sure there is 3 shitter teams than us, is a big reason we are where we are. What is it, 4 league wins all season? Woeful that.

The way he set up at hull, made me think he doesn't want to be here. I agree, he's here till the summer so might as well accept it and get on with it. In the summer though, he can pack his bags as far as one concerned. I've also accepted I won't agree with much he does, in how he wants to play and set up, judging by what I've seen so far. Once he came out against the fans tbh, that was my mind made up. He needs to back that up with performances and results and well......
Just because he might not want to be here doesn't mean he wants us to be relegated. I honestly think him and Short will shake hands and walk away from each other in the Summer. Poyet will spin some shit saying he wants a break from the game. I'm not saying I want him, but I think Short will see Allardyce as a safe pair of hands.

Last edited:
I know, they scored in the final minute of injury time to win a game against a team who had scored their one goal for the next 3 away games. Throw in that they are managed by England's best young manager, score bundles and will be backed by 1000 fans, it is going to be a tough job.
We are class mind

Me neither. Another 0-0 or 1-1.
Unfortunately mate. They'll have had a right lift after that last minute winner also.

This is Sunderland mate.

We are on pace for 35pts.
Villa is on pace for 34pts.
QPR is on pace for 31pts.
Burnley for 30pts.
Leicester for 24pts.

If QPR and Burnley don't get a significant improvement in form someone could stay up with 32pts or 31pts plus GD.
How many would we have been on for this time last season?

What's to say QPR don't suddenly find some form? They at least try to win games and have some one who can put the ball in the net.

How many would we have been on for this time last season?

What's to say QPR don't suddenly find some form? They at least try to win games and have some one who can put the ball in the net.

Of course they could. But we would still have to be worse than Villa and Hull over ten games for a surge by QPR to cause us problems. And after 28 games last year we were on pace for 34pts - despite the "miracle" we only beat that by four points.

I think the problem is we seem to be getting worse

If Poyet goes back to his old 451 then I think we will grind out some results

But he is changing things so dramatically from each game, dropping players and changing formation. Plus no Johnson, Cattermole out for 2 more games.

The manager is losing his head IMO, which makes me doubt if we will get the points, the key last year was him going back to his 451/433

He now needs to do the same, may not be popular, but we have to have PVA left back, Wickham Left Wing, Alvarez right, and Rodwell in with Larsson and Cattermole when fit, with Defoe up top.

What Poyet did at Hull was f***ing mental, absolutely ridiculous, and if he keeps repeating that we will be fucked.

Things look OK at best at the minute, but if QPR beat Spurs on saturday (big if) then we are right in the shit.

Good post this! With a cool head Poyet will get us through. Problem is he's lost it and can't acknowlege the poor team selections he's made. Should be about getting back to basics. I'm just waiting for him to say that he's appeasing the fans with the long punts upfield in the Hull match. Hope he quits at the end of the season and we appoint a manager who can take the pressure and plays to the strengths of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back