A derby to be proud of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twenty's Plenty (the away ticket cap we proposed) saved almost 32,000 fans 342,000 last season, and it's on course to beat that this year. The campaign also helped put pressure on PL clubs, creating a situation where they saw fit to introduce the £12m Away Fans Initiative which brought down costs for 10,000s of travelling fans, including those from Sunderland.

Yeh, ive managed to get a tenner off a ticket a couple of times, but some clubs need to use there heads to when they should have a ticket offer on, villa v southampton last night a good example, £41 a ticket and there lowest gate of 25k for 17 years, looked to around 1k southampton fans, they payed £41 a ticket, would of been a good choice to have a tenner off !

Yeh, ive managed to get a tenner off a ticket a couple of times, but some clubs need to use there heads to when they should have a ticket offer on, villa v southampton last night a good example, £41 a ticket and there lowest gate of 25k for 17 years, looked to around 1k southampton fans, they payed £41 a ticket, would of been a good choice to have a tenner off !
Yeah, agree 100% with that.

:lol:

. We appreciate the event won't appeal to everyone, but it's been set-up with the aim of improving things for both sets of fans, particularly away fans, on derby day.

Just as well. My Mam is a Newcastle fan, she has tickets for this game, never in a million years could anyone make peace in our family ahead of derby day. They don't even offer me a lift to the game or back :)

Balls to all this nicey nice crap. ftm

Will be full of f***ing happy clappers no doubt.

That idiot Kevin Miles will be there showing his mug on TV pretending we all love each other

Just as well. My Mam is a Newcastle fan, she has tickets for this game, never in a million years could anyone make peace in our family ahead of derby day. They don't even offer me a lift to the game or back :)

Balls to all this nicey nice crap. ftm

That idiot Kevin Miles will be there showing his mug on TV pretending we all love each other
Who's that, could you enlighten me?

December 9th? Any chance of rearranging to December 5th please?

On 5 December 1908, Sunderland beat Newcastle 9–1 at St James' Park, depite this Newcastle still won the league title that season finishing 9 points ahead of their local rivals who finished 3rd.[5][6] The result remains the biggest ever win in a Tyne–Wear derby, as well as the Wearsiders' biggest ever win away from home ...

I really worry about the potential of idiots from our side using the MH17 disaster to be utter cocks
I am too, heard of some horrific rumours on here about this;

A. Clap in the 17th minute.
B. Take a banner in tribute of it
C. Put a prick at the SoL in honour of the tragedy

Etc etc

I am too, heard of some horrific rumours on here about this;

A. Clap in the 17th minute.
B. Take a banner in tribute of it
C. Put a prick at the SoL in honour of the tragedy

Etc etc
Its all about opinion, but I'm not sure any of those things are that extreme, tbh.

That list was drafted by Northumbria Police for a fans’ engagement meeting a week or two back. A couple of FSF reps were there along with 30 or so supporters from various NUFC/SAFC groups.

Supporters at the meeting told the police that some of the ideas were not realistic but these meetings are a decent idea in terms of keeping police/fans on the same page.

The meeting on the 9th December was the result of NUFC and SAFC fans approaching the FSF, and asking us to help organise a joint event, which we thought was a good idea.

Hi..sorry mate, not sure, do you mean the list in the screenshot above was drawn up in a police & fans meeting originally, or something else?

Thats fair enough but im absolutely astounded any meeting involving actual nufc & safc fans could come up with the firsr 3 in that list! Or was it the police's list only?

Hi..sorry mate, not sure, do you mean the list in the screenshot above was drawn up in a police & fans meeting originally, or something else?

Thats fair enough but im absolutely astounded any meeting involving actual nufc & safc fans could come up with the firsr 3 in that list! Or was it the police's list only?
It was the police's list, the fans who were there pointed out many of those things weren't going to happen.

It was the police's list, the fans who were there pointed out many of those things weren't going to happen.

Cheers. I did wonder:eek::D

From a FSF point of view, is this kinda thing (re derbies) happening wider?
Are the mancs doing this kinda thing? Spurs/Arsenal? The old firm?

Or has all this originated from Northumbria police? Or who?

Suppose im just wondering. ....why has all this come up now...and why us?

:lol:

The reason it's in Newcastle this time round is it's before the SJP derby. If all goes well there'll be a return leg in Sunderland in April 2015.

This time 12 months ago we were really close to a "bubble" match being pushed through against fans' wishes - it was SAFC & NUFC fans' groups working together in meetings like this who helped stop that happening.

Thankfully, the bubble was narrowly-avoided but given there's been more cooperation between both sides of the divide than ever before in the past year, it seems a good time to strike while the iron's hot and prove to the authorities that fans can work together on initiatives which seek to oppose violence. We hope this event will help prove that point to those powers and the local media.

Fans are rightly quick to cry foul when the media portray us in an unfair light, or the police treat everyone as criminals thanks to a few numpties, but unless we do things to combat those perceptions, they won't change. We appreciate the event won't appeal to everyone, but it's been set-up with the aim of improving things for both sets of fans, particularly away fans, on derby day.

Always them lot.

Cheers. I did wonder

From a FSF point of view, is this kinda thing (re derbies) happening wider?
Are the mancs doing this kinda thing? Spurs/Arsenal? The old firm?

Or has all this originated from Northumbria police? Or who?

Suppose im just wondering. ....why has all this come up now...and why us?
No bother, at a national level the use of bubble matches is apparently decreasing, although different forces use different tactics. The most recent example we've covered was Wrexham/Chester and fans were very strongly opposed to it from both sides:
http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/Chester-fanzine-backs-rivals-anti-bubble-campaign

Blackburn/Burnley is another regular bubble match, although for whatever reason there's never been organised opposition to it. Partially because their fan groups haven't really worked together, to our knowledge, so maybe it's easier for the police to enforce.

That's part of the reason we're keen to highlight joint work by SAFC/NUFC fans on this, it helps educate the media and wider public that maybe a bubble isn't needed or wanted on Tyne & Wear.

Last edited by a moderator:
December 9th? Any chance of rearranging to December 5th please?

On 5 December 1908, Sunderland beat Newcastle 9–1 at St James' Park, depite this Newcastle still won the league title that season finishing 9 points ahead of their local rivals who finished 3rd.[5][6] The result remains the biggest ever win in a Tyne–Wear derby, as well as the Wearsiders' biggest ever win away from home ...

And they keep banging on about 5-1:rolleyes:!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back