A1(M) Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
My TomTom Go 5000 sat nav thingy did the business and directed me past the hold up via some very dark and remote B roads, but only about 10 minutes was added to a 'normal' traffic free normal journey :cool:

This all seems to stem (according to the Highways Agency website) from a fully closed northbound stretch of the A1 from Leeming to Barton (though there is a stretch southbound that is fully closed just below Scotch Corner). There is also a stretch from what I am seeing just above Scotch Corner that is fully closed. Through this there is 4 different diversion routes denoted by a shape. It is so confusing.

We enjoyed that bit like had the tunes banging n windows down, ut added about an hour onto the journey unfortunately, got in 12:15

Can't see a thread about this. Was I the only one caught out by it? They closed it from Junctions 46-47 and diverted us bumper to bumper through country roads. Didn't get home till 1am :evil:.
Did you not see all the amber flashing lights when you left Doncaster and every so often along the way warning of the closure

Can't see a thread about this. Was I the only one caught out by it? They closed it from Junctions 46-47 and diverted us bumper to bumper through country roads. Didn't get home till 1am :evil:.
Nightmare wasn't it, wasted an hour

Last week I was travelling south, there were closures on the A1 between Scotch Corner and the Ripon turn off, so I was taking the A19 thinking I would avoid it, to find that fucker was shut at Peterlee and the diversion took you down the coast road to Hartlepool.

How they can be allowed to have closures on both major roads through the North East is ridiculous.

Then I caught the Southbound version of this cluster fuck of a diversion.

If I'd have known I would have gone off at the A64 and gone via York and gone back on the A19 towards Thirsk and that way

Them bastards overtaking before the bottle neck do my head in, think they are more important than every fucker else.

We were stuck at back on inside lane, sign that it merged into one lane in 800 yards. Outside lanes were empty so we went down outside for 800 yards and cut someone up. Mass traffic jam and folks were leaving two lanes empty for nearly a mile????? #helmets

We were stuck at back on inside lane, sign that it merged into one lane in 800 yards. Outside lanes were empty so we went down outside for 800 yards and cut someone up. Mass traffic jam and folks were leaving two lanes empty for nearly a mile????? #helmets
Aye a was giving you dogs abuse out me winda! :eek::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back