Advantages to living in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
home of Safc, cheap housing, not full of geordie bell ends, not many foreigners, our own beach. wouldn't live anywhere else

Cheap, some lovely areas, good links to everywhere, free uni education to children (if you have any), lovely people... I would love to live in Scotland personally
Haha when I'm retired would love to live up in the highlands quality place

I can correct people from outside of the North East when they hear the accent and they ask inquisitively if I am a Geordie.

Immediate reaction when I say am I fuck is "haha, didn't think so, you have a much softer accent and don't sound thick as fuck whenever you talk."

:d truth be told its no better or worse than anywhere else mate - like you said in your other post most places are very similar. the beach is sunderlands big plus point

It's not as good as Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle, Durham, York, London or Brighton. It's better than every other town or city I've been to in the UK bar the ones I've just listed. Having said that, I haven't been to quite a lot of places.

If I had a yearning to go back to the North East I wouldn't live in Sunderland mind.

It's not as good as Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle, Durham, York, London or Brighton. It's better than every other town or city I've been to in the UK bar the ones I've just listed. Having said that, I haven't been to quite a lot of places.

If I had a yearning to go back to the North East I wouldn't live in Sunderland mind.

You've just named the majority of 'big' cities in the Uk mate, Sunderland is a town - the fact that it has city status in itself is a bit daft - compare it to any similar sized town in the Uk and it fares pretty well.

If I moved back I would live on the coast I reckon

You've just named the majority of 'big' cities in the Uk mate, Sunderland is a town - the fact that it has city status in itself is a bit daft - compare it to any similar sized town in the Uk and it fares pretty well.

If I moved back I would live on the coast I reckon

That was my point actually but I don't think I made it clear.

Liverpool is not great, lots of no go areas.

Birmingham is canny......people are lovely and down to earth but nowt flash.

Manchester is topper

Leeds is topper and you're in the countryside in 5 minutes

Durham is shit

York is canny

Brighton is run down and nowt flash

Edinburgh is topper

London is topper to visit

Out of those I would only live in Manchester, Leeds or Edinburgh over Sunderland

Liverpool is not great, lots of no go areas.

Birmingham is canny......people are lovely and down to earth but nowt flash.

Manchester is topper

Leeds is topper and you're in the countryside in 5 minutes

Durham is shit

York is canny

Brighton is run down and nowt flash

Edinburgh is topper

London is topper to visit

Out of those I would only live in Manchester, Leeds or Edinburgh over Sunderland

Fair enough mate but my point was that Sunderland's no different/probably better than most towns in the UK. Stop being so f***ing defensive.

No rush hour
Cheap housing
Nice parks
Nice coast
Close to nicer places
Close to bigger places

No gang culture to speak of
No organised crime to speak of
Good people
Team in the premiership

:lol:

Status