Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

probs already been said but signing for us would mean he has pulled on an England shirt for the last time

probs already been said but signing for us would mean he has pulled on an England shirt for the last time
haha just seen my fellow itk in the previous post

This thread is useful in capturing those who know absolutely nothing about football and spend their time 'hating' players/teams/supporters on the Internet.

He would be a magnificent signing for Sunderland football club.

Based on what? He had a handful of good games a cpl of year back and has done nothing since. I think you're over exaggerating there a little bit marra.

He'd be a good signing for us. Probably not good enough for where Spurs aspire to be but there's no shame in that. He'd bring a lot to the team even though he can be frustrating.

Good ? are you people freakin kidding ? he would be the best signing ever.

Could anyone name a better signing ? and don't say Phillips or anyone else who became good once here, I mean a player who is great.

Some of you people are unbelievable.

When you compare it to other wingers, and the likelihood of the price he'll command it's an awkward one
He'd be a good signing but value might be better off elsewhere
I'd go for Lennon and Townsend combined, stick 10-12 mill on the table and see what happens, pair of English lads, instantly solves all winger problems, and they're very much mid table standard wingers which is exactly what we need

I'd literally shat in my pants if we signed him.

I think he's a great player.

It's one of them where I think it would just never happen though.
But with Defoe being ex spurs there could be something in it.

Of course Townsend would improve our team, however, for the money he would cost against his experience in The Premiership, we could use the money better IMO. He has had a very ordinary start to his career and seems to have clicked in the last year or so, but he has a long way to go yet!

Daniel Levy will expect to 'cash in' big time on Townsend if he decides to let him go, and will more than likely use him in a swap deal for someone who Spurs really want, like Berahino for example.

Based on what? He had a handful of good games a cpl of year back and has done nothing since. I think you're over exaggerating there a little bit marra.

Based on his performance on his England debut, which was outstanding. He mesmerised the oppo's defence as I recall, tortured them, and was as good a debut as I've ever seen.
He clearly has more talent in one leg than what we have right now. THAT is what it's based on.

If he fell out of favour, which may not have been his fault, others may have hit top form, or maybe fell foul of the manager, of course he will be rusty, but the fact remains he has real quality, which is what we lack----isn't it----?

Good ? are you people freakin kidding ? he would be the best signing ever.

Could anyone name a better signing ? and don't say Phillips or anyone else who became good once here, I mean a player who is great.

Some of you people are unbelievable.

I'd say Steed and Babyjet were better signings, based on your premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back