Anyone else not own a TV?

I owe several TV's in our UK & VN homes, but haven't switched any of them on myself to watch owt in many years. I watch YT and download anything I like the sound off, I have a apple phone, ipad and laptop, this has done me since the mid 2010's.

Telly is overrated anyway.

Several hundred channels all jam packed with mediocrity. It is tragic that so much human potential and creativity got burned making something so vastly overrated and pointless.

Then there's the footy...
Vastly used you mean so not pointless
Not having one these days puts you in the Grand designs gang , thinking a book is more enthralling or a game of Backgammon or your life is just too fulfilling to bother
People do both and lots more AND watch the TV, or more so now, use it as a monitor for your visual entertainment

Honestly they should scrap the licence fee, Drop the BBC if necessary, or go commercial. Times move on. BBC is now a small part of the all the channels available, Presumably the government want to keep a media outlet. I'm not paying for it though.

My laptop and mobile are my only means of entertainment - our lass has installed razor-wire, minefield and a moat around the TV - and watches total dross.
Yes it's nice to he able to choose what I want to watch.. Footy and documentaries mainly.
Screw the BBC.
Nah my telly went in the skip 10 year ago, prefer a life online
BBC has a good website mind :D
This is true, especially with the sport. stopped trusting the BBCs version of the news a long time ago.

Was reading something the other days that said youngsters getting their first homes generally don't get tellies anymore as they use laptops/tablets etc. means their living room set ups are weird compared to us other lot

Back