Anyone else not own a TV?

Our lass watches a load of stuff on Netflix and Amazon Prime but it's all shite. Rare that I watch much but I will have the footy and Xbox on.

Winds me up when she'll switch it on and the Freesat guide comes on with the tiny channel preview in the top corner then she'll start working on her laptop or pissing about on her phone and leave it. Why has she even put it on? She can't be interested in what it is, it's the first channel that's came up, and she's not watching it because it's just the guide screen. It's on for the sake of it. Just put some music or a radio station on.

Even the bairn doesn't watch the TV, if we didn't control his time on it he'd be glued to his tablet all hours.

Last edited:

All the absolute LADS who don't pay for a TV license. Must be absolutely mint being them. :cool:

The absolutely desperation to tell everybody is akin to people in the TA and offshore workers.
Bragging about it down the gym when in fact they are secret strictly and homes under hammer viewers

All the absolute LADS who don't pay for a TV license. Must be absolutely mint being them. :cool:

The absolutely desperation to tell everybody is akin to people in the TA and offshore workers.
I mention this sometime when this comes up but always amuses me to remember it.

A good few years ago a lad on here claimed he didn't pay the licence fee as there was nothing on the BBC he watched. The BBC was shit etc etc.

About a month later called him out saying his favourite TV show was Dr Who.

Didn’t when I was a student. But then I didn’t have anywhere to put it and just watched tv / films on my laptop.
Was reading something the other days that said youngsters getting their first homes generally don't get tellies anymore as they use laptops/tablets etc. means their living room set ups are weird compared to us other lot

That doesn’t sound likely.

People don’t have the same viewing habits and use subscription services but they do tend to still have a telly to watch the stuff on. Might not be their first purchase or priority if money is tighter but they do get them.

Last edited:
It's just people watching telly programmes on something shitter than a telly really. :lol:

Hunched up over a laptop man. What a life.
Or reading a book, gardening, walking and generally been up to something different to sitting in front of Eastenders acting like nodding dogs with square eyes. What a wasted life.. But each to their own I guess.

Back