Body Clock

It's a well established fact that changing shift patterns are really really bad for your health.

Night shift workers especially are much more likely to have problems with their hearts than workers on a standard pattern for example.

Unfortunately for myself I do on-call work, so I can do my standard hours, then be expected to work as required overnight, on weekends, anytime they need me. I hate it.
Mine is a reall wiered shift pattern. 10 or 12 hour days or nights.

My new job has involves shift patterns that include 10 and 12 hr night shifts. Just finished a run of 4 straight 10hr nights. Got up at 5pm Sunday, and still awake now. I work that out to be 31hrs, and I still feel wide awake.
Anyone else work strange hours, and fuck about with normal sleep?
I do but I only do 2 days 2 nights so it's nothing really, I do wonder what day it is though 🤣

I do 6 12 hr nights currently on my new shift pattern Sun - Fri night . Don't sleep that could during the week go to bed 8.30 up at 12 ish. Currently have no trouble sleeping when pattern is finished like. Once had to do a full month of nights about 10 years ago , Don't think i could or would do it now.

Maths ,English, computer studies
I was brilliant at Art but schools didn't really bother looking for people's natural abilities back then . Never played a musical note either then learnt an instrument a year after leaving
I missed out completely on developing my musical skills at school. They never even knew I could play guitar. I studied mostly classical music like Mussorgsky.

My new job has involves shift patterns that include 10 and 12 hr night shifts. Just finished a run of 4 straight 10hr nights. Got up at 5pm Sunday, and still awake now. I work that out to be 31hrs, and I still feel wide awake.
Anyone else work strange hours, and fuck about with normal sleep?
I will never do nights again unless there was a danger of loosing my house

Back