Book thread #8686868

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I'm reading Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, which is good so far. If it carries on as it is without going up a level it'll only be good not great, but I've heard very very good things.

I'll probably read The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie next, but I've also got Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel in my queue and I want to try The Mongoliad by Neal Stephenson and others.

Before that I read Snuff by Terry Pratchett, devoured it in about three days. Terrific as always, although I'm starting to have to face the fact that he might not have many more books in him :( I also dipped into some old Conan stories which are great fun but basically pish

Before that Dune by Frank Herbert

I've just finished the Mogoliad, thought it started very well but petered out as I went through the books. They also have that common habit of suddenly killing of characters with little or no preamble. Currently reading Deep Sea and Foreign going about the merchant shipping business and it is very good and quite enlightening. Just finished Paranoid : Black days with Sabbath by Bob Wall, shite don't ever read, I only paid 99p on Amazon and I feel well ripped off - utter shit about how hard he is and how many drugs he can take. Read Agent Zig Zag a few weeks ago - thought it was brilliant.

I'm working my way through Charlie Huston's "Joe Pitt" series.Currently nearing the end of "Half the blood of Brooklyn".He's hard as fuck,is joe.A sort of Vampire Jason Bourne.Dont normally like vampire stuff,but i'm enjoying these.The above book is third in the series.

Ive restarted Robert Rankins brilliant Brentford Triangle series on Kindle forgot how good it is.

Reading Ostland by David Thomas, pretty great so far! Picked up some books today, The Little Friend by Donna Tartt and A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe. Heard good stuff about Tartt, looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about. Will be picking up CJ Sansom's Lamentation when it releases in paperback. Hate hardback books.

Reading Ostland by David Thomas, pretty great so far! Picked up some books today, The Little Friend by Donna Tartt and A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe. Heard good stuff about Tartt, looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about. Will be picking up CJ Sansom's Lamentation when it releases in paperback. Hate hardback books.

Stunning book mate. Up there with Bonfire of the Vanities.

last man standing - jack straw... easily head & shoulders the best memoirs I've read of the recent generation...

Good read that, just read Louis Theroux 'The Call of the Weird' and that was pretty good too.
I'm only about 4 chapters through. Very interesting so far.
I've been watching a lot of Theroux on Netflix too.

Bernard Sumners autobigraphy

Ian Curtis just died :cry:
Just finished that. Not great.

Just started Ghosts of My Life by Mark Fisher.
Recently finished 'Underground Overground' by Matthew Engel, 'The Big Midweek' by Steve Hanley (about The Fall) and Palin's last diary book (he is a wonderful chronicler of the times).

Just finished that. Not great.

Just started Ghosts of My Life by Mark Fisher.
Recently finished 'Underground Overground' by Matthew Engel, 'The Big Midweek' by Steve Hanley (about The Fall) and Palin's last diary book (he is a wonderful chronicler of the times).

Any good? I've read both MES' biog which was good in parts and The Fallen by Dave Simpson, which was excellent. Wouldn't mind some middle ground reading.

Any good? I've read both MES' biog which was good in parts and The Fallen by Dave Simpson, which was excellent. Wouldn't mind some middle ground reading.
I think 'The Fallen' will probably be the best book written about The Fall (can you still get 'Hip Priest'?) but the SHanley book is good light reading as long as don't have some irritating woman in the corner asking why you've started playing 'all this tuneless sh1t' again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back