Bygone words

Charcoal is various varieties of burnt wood, unsure of it's epicurean value.
😁
I know nothing about science or food for that matter. I always thought charcoal had something to do with actual coal 🤪

You can get fancy wancy charcoal crackers for cheese so it must have some epicurean merit.

I know nothing about science or food for that matter. I always thought charcoal had something to do with actual coal 🤪

You can get fancy wancy charcoal crackers for cheese so it must have some epicurean merit.
Used to suppress stomach gases as well, apparently we still produce charcoal in the uk for artists and posh folks' barbeques.

"Posh folks barbecues"???

Shirley everybody uses charcoal on the barby, don't they???

Here's another blast from the past.
Green Shield Stamps and the Co Op Divi.😁
And another Embassy ciggie vouchers me poor old mam used to smoke herself silly to get a 'prize' from the catalogue. 'Go on mum only another 50 gets us a nice new kettle.' FFS

green shield morphed into the argos shops we know now.

when i was a kid we always went to blackpool at least a couple of times a year and i always remember my mam & dad would go into the green shield shop on albert road to get stuff. my dad once got a radio that was still working a few years ago. i need to dig it out to see if it's still working now.

"Posh folks barbecues"???

Shirley everybody uses charcoal on the barby, don't they???

And Embassy coupons

To the tune of Magic Moments.....

Remember the night you slipped in the shite, you had your best suit on.
The one that you bought with a hell of a lot of Embassy coupons.
Magic moments when two hearts are sharing.
Magic moments filled with shiiiiiiite.

And Embassy coupons

To the tune of Magic Moments.....

Remember the night you slipped in the shite, you had your best suit on.
The one that you bought with a hell of a lot of Embassy coupons.
Magic moments when two hearts are sharing.
Magic moments filled with shiiiiiiite.
You will get a book out of this 😉

Chuck-stones, I doubt any kid today plays that game. Find 5 nice grape. sized stones, throw them in the air and then catch them on the back of your hand. Better than a PS5 any day.:neutral:

Remember a game like that but think it was ball and jacks.
It's more or less the same game using jacks. The ball that came with jacks had to be bounced I think as you chucked the jacks.
We didn't have anything fancy like that. Just 5 stones out of the garden. Or 5 square pieces of coloured and contoured wood if you bought them from a shop.
It was harder with stones because the metal jacks were easily trapped between your fingers. Unlike stones.

Chuck-stones, I doubt any kid today plays that game. Find 5 nice grape. sized stones, throw them in the air and then catch them on the back of your hand. Better than a PS5 any day.:neutral:
I was a champion chuck stoner (of our street. )🎖🏆🥇

You start with one. You hoy the chuck stone up, scoop up the stone from the ground then catch the chuck stone on the way down. Then two, then three etc too five.

The trick was not to pick stones that were to flat too scoop up.

Last edited:
Seen some very near misses playing Split the Kipper mind🤣
Health and safety would shit themselves now.
Age 9 or 10, we were all wandering round with .22 air rifles anarl🤣🤣🤣
when i was about 12 my mate and i would sit in his bedroom ,whch was high up in a 3 storey house just near south shields cricket club..we would open the window and as pedestrians walked past a the metal door of a garage we would shoot his air rifle just hitting the metal door behind the pedestrian and laugh at their reaction to the thud.....nobody ever caught on !........now we would have got an asbo!....or the swat team might have shot us..... happy days !

Back