Ched Evans signing for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no issue at all about the money.
It's two things about this that worry me.

The focus on the 'rights' of the convicted unrepentant rapist Ched Evans, rather than on the victim who has been outed and chased out of town by his toerag mates.

The massive support for the little sh8t. Hundreds of SUFC fans chanting 'He'll shag who he wants' at matches last season, and badly informed bloke after badly informed bloke talking about miscarriages of justice and rehabilitation in terms of how unfair life is being to Ched Evans.
These guys don't have a clue about criminal justice, but boy do they have an agenda. Why?

PS it'll be interesting to see what Jeff Stelling says. Isn't he the Pool's most famous supporter? Has he commented yet?
I think this is absolute nonsense, there's lots of previously discussed reasons to suggest the conviction is suspect.

Hartlepool will be paying him coppers compared to what he was on at Sheffield United, but I don't suppose he has much choice. Its a difficult one and I would be very uneasy if he signed for Sunderland, but he's served his time.

Just hope he does the business for Pools as they are a club I have a lot of time for and we need more North East clubs in the league not less.

Evans is a vile coward that i have very little sympathy for. However whether the young lass gave consent or not is debatable based on the evidence presented.

The whole case seems to be based around the character of Evans, whether or not the jury accepted that he reasonably believed she had given consent, which would be fair enough if the character of the girl was also taken into consideration (she was a drug user that picked up strangers and went back to hotels with them). The only real problem I have with this case is that Evans seems to be the only person being vilified in it when practically everyone involved shared some responsibility for what happened.

Evans doubtless took advantage of a drunk girl then skulked off into the night
Mcdonald also took advantage and knew what was playing out
The people looking through the window must have known that she was 'out of it' if this was indeed the case
the porter must have had a suspicion of what was going on
finally the girl should have more respect for herself and not put herself in a situation allowing low life people to take advantage so easily (not condoning the low life)

The girl regrets what happened for obvious reasons, but the other men seem to have got away with this Scot free, while Evans has his life ruined. It seems a bit disproportionate when they were all getting cheap thrills out of someone who at the time was obviously not of sound mind.

I think this is absolute nonsense, there's lots of previously discussed reasons to suggest the conviction is suspect.

Drivel - it's been discussed to death in this thread and others why the conviction of this toerag is absolutely sound. The know-nowts who proclaim his 12-0 conviction and 4-0 failed appeal 'suspect' simply don't understand the law of rape (as it is not how they think it should be) or the facts of this particular case.

Evans is a vile coward that i have very little sympathy for. However whether the young lass gave consent or not is debatable based on the evidence presented.

The whole case seems to be based around the character of Evans, whether or not the jury accepted that he reasonably believed she had given consent, which would be fair enough if the character of the girl was also taken into consideration (she was a drug user that picked up strangers and went back to hotels with them). The only real problem I have with this case is that Evans seems to be the only person being vilified in it when practically everyone involved shared some responsibility for what happened.

Evans doubtless took advantage of a drunk girl then skulked off into the night
Mcdonald also took advantage and knew what was playing out
The people looking through the window must have known that she was 'out of it' if this was indeed the case
the porter must have had a suspicion of what was going on
finally the girl should have more respect for herself and not put herself in a situation allowing low life people to take advantage so easily (not condoning the low life)

The girl regrets what happened for obvious reasons, but the other men seem to have got away with this Scot free, while Evans has his life ruined. It seems a bit disproportionate when they were all getting cheap thrills out of someone who at the time was obviously not of sound mind.

It's mainly because sprinted across town with one thing on his mind (with his mates in tow to film it) and stuck his c*ck inside an obviously pissed girl within 120 seconds of meeting her, having got a keycard by lying at the reception desk. MacGregor was lucky to be honest, but obviously given that he genuinely 'pulled' the girl and had spent a hour or so with her the jury gave him he benefit of the doubt about having either actual consent beforehand or reasonable belief during. His text was also ambiguous enough to be purely innocent and I think the prosecution overpitched the case against him.

If you don't understand why what Evans did was rape and he couldn't possibly have reasonably assumed consent (because he gave no thought to it at all and didn't care what state she was in) then my advice would be to stay off juries...the 4 court of appeal judges who looked at it all found Evans case so weak they refused to waste court time in a full appeal. No lawyer I know outside of Evans' defence team thinks the verdict is in any way 'dodgy'.

And actually the reason 'his life is ruined' isn't the conviction but because he remains entirely unrepentant, can't see he has done anything wrong, attacked the girl in court and has let his toerag mates harrass her until this day - this Xmas just gone she had to change names and move for a 5th time because she was again outed by his cronies (whom he has done nothing to call off).

Last edited:
Hartlepool will be paying him coppers compared to what he was on at Sheffield United, but I don't suppose he has much choice. Its a difficult one and I would be very uneasy if he signed for Sunderland, but he's served his time.

Just hope he does the business for Pools as they are a club I have a lot of time for and we need more North East clubs in the league not less.

Ronnie Moore said he was interested but Hartlepools board vetoed it on the 21st. He's never actually even trained with Hartlepool. Looks like he'll be signing for a Maltese side

Drivel - it's been discussed to death in this thread and others why the conviction of this toerag is absolutely sound. The know-nowts who proclaim his 12-0 conviction and 4-0 failed appeal 'suspect' simply don't understand the law of rape (as it is not how they think it should be) or the facts of this particular case.

It's mainly because sprinted across town with one thing on his mind (with his mates in tow to film it) and stuck his c*ck inside an obviously pissed girl within 120 seconds of meeting her, having got a keycard by lying at the reception desk. MacGregor was lucky to be honest, but obviously given that he genuinely 'pulled' the girl and had spent a hour or so with her the jury gave him he benefit of the doubt about having either actual consent beforehand or reasonable belief during. His text was also ambiguous enough to be purely innocent and I think the prosecution overpitched the case against him.

If you don't understand why what Evans did was rape and he couldn't possibly have reasonably assumed consent (because he gave no thought to it at all and didn't care what state she was in) then my advice would be to stay off juries...the 4 court of appeal judges who looked at it all found Evans case so weak they refused to waste court time in a full appeal. No lawyer I know outside of Evans' defence team thinks the verdict is in any way 'dodgy'.

And actually the reason 'his life is ruined' isn't the conviction but because he remains entirely unrepentant, can't see he has done anything wrong, attacked the girl in court and has let his toerag mates harrass her until this day - this Xmas just gone she had to change names and move for a 5th time because she was again outed by his cronies (whom he has done nothing to call off).
I can't agree, I've seen nothing to suggest he's guilty except the fact he was there and I've asked if there's anything you know that's don't which would change my mind but you just hide behind the judge and the jury as if they're some kind of justice league of avengers.

As far as calling his mates off, if I'd done time for a rape in hadn't committed (which isn't what I'm saying regarding Ched Evans) but hypothetically the last thing they'd have to worry about is deleting their twitter account or moving home.

Facts that the Evans supporters on here have been careful to ignore.
Which in the context of being innocent is understandable.

Facts that the Evans supporters on here have been careful to ignore.
And who's an Evans supporter? :lol:

Which in the context of being innocent is understandable.

And who's an Evans supporter? :lol:

There are some (and I can't say if I've noticed if this includes you) who have persistently posted on here sounding like they're just cutting and pasting from chedcanshagwhohewants.com. Their complete disinterest in the harassment this woman is undergoing from what can only be described as a co-ordinated campaign weakens their argument. As it does that of Evans himself.

There are some (and I can't say if I've noticed if this includes you) who have persistently posted on here sounding like they're just cutting and pasting from chedcanshagwhohewants.com. Their complete disinterest in the harassment this woman is undergoing from what can only be described as a co-ordinated campaign weakens their argument. As it does that of Evans himself.
How, if I was innocent I'd consider killing the person accusing me tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back