Cilla Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

How I wish people from County Durham would think of that. Then we would have eternal peace and quiet since they don't have the ability to say anything nice due to the fact they hold grudges of the most biter, hateful and resentful far longer than they hold on to their own marriages and relationships. Especially when it comes to the Tories as is evident by the fact they hate anyone who they can link in some way to them for something they did 30 or 40 years ago. They are probably glad when the Torrey Canyon ran aground because of it's name. I bet they would be glad if model, fitness competitor and retired WWE wrestler Torri Wilson died. Nobody in Durham I bet has a conservatory on their house.

That is the most tragic thing about her passing. It would be the same with anyone. No matter what good that person did in their life no matter or how well thought of that person was, none of that matters and all of it is nullified for political reasons.

A tiny minority give a shit about her being a Tory, man!

The bottom line is that ordinary people who came into contact with her have nothing good to say about her. She was a deeply unpleasant, arrogant and conceited woman who presented an entirely false, nicey-nicey, caring persona on TV.

There's nothing 'tragic' about her passing, you big tart. She wasn't a kid dying of leukaemia, she was in her 70s, had a successful career, lived a life of luxury for most of it and died of natural causes.

You want tragic - I'll give you tragic. Look up the Louis "Buddy" Musso murder. I saw it in a documentary the other day and I've never felt so emotional over a 'random' adult's death. A sweet, gentle man with learning difficulties who met the most terrible end imaginable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Basso

Just been reading there is being a benefit gig hastily arranged for the day of her funeral.

Can see Paul McCartney playing 'Hey Cilla' on a piano surrounded by Paul O'Grady and her other mates in Stanley park.

The way I see it, yes it's sad that a person who dominated TV for decades and was very talented has died, but she was 72. Yes I know that's not THAT old these days, but it's not like she was 27 or even in the top of her career anymore.
She'd had a cracking life and was enjoying the autumn of her years.

Before Facebook, if I'd found out about it, I'd have said "Oh, that's a shame" and then carried on with my shuffling along this mortal coil.

But the "Such a shock" and "can't believe it" RIP mournography that Facebook churns out when this happens is a bit ridiculous.... IMHO (as they say on t'internet)
This, I've been catching pelters on Facebook pointing out grief mongers who are "devastated" asking them if they're ringing in sick for work.

I have to have an RIP in this thread. She was defo alright that lass.

Let's just hope she doesn't vote Tory.
Looks like she's Labour if this poem she wrote is anything to go by.

I am ready Mr Prescott

I am ready Mr Prescott
You can take me in your arms
All these years I've waited
To experience your charms
So fling aside your trousers
I hope they're quick release
For all that hanky panky's
Made you clinically obese

I like a man of substance
I like a man of size
Especially when I'm measuring
The bags beneath their eyes
If anyone insulted me
I have no doubt at all
You'd leap to my defence
And punch the blighter through the wall

I like you Mr Prescott
A constant watch I keep
To see you on TV
Sat next to Tony, fast asleep
So I'm waiting Mr Prescott
My toothbrush in my bag
To see your chiselled jaw
Behind the wheel of either jag

A man like you is dangerous
A man like you is trouble
Just like a row of houses
You demolished me to rubble
With one hand on the tiller
As steady as a rock
And the other disappearing up the secretary's frock

In fairness, I don't really see her as a Labour voter. I suspect the closest she's got to heavy industry is an automated knitting machine in the nearest hamlet. ;)
She seems to be fond of Big John!

Looks like she's Labour if this poem she wrote is anything to go by.

I am ready Mr Prescott

I am ready Mr Prescott
You can take me in your arms
All these years I've waited
To experience your charms
So fling aside your trousers
I hope they're quick release
For all that hanky panky's
Made you clinically obese

I like a man of substance
I like a man of size
Especially when I'm measuring
The bags beneath their eyes
If anyone insulted me
I have no doubt at all
You'd leap to my defence
And punch the blighter through the wall

I like you Mr Prescott
A constant watch I keep
To see you on TV
Sat next to Tony, fast asleep
So I'm waiting Mr Prescott
My toothbrush in my bag
To see your chiselled jaw
Behind the wheel of either jag

A man like you is dangerous
A man like you is trouble
Just like a row of houses
You demolished me to rubble
With one hand on the tiller
As steady as a rock
And the other disappearing up the secretary's frock
I like your username. Was there ever a Gary?

I've hardly been able to work today. Just can't get Cilla off my mind. Thinking of going down to the funeral if there's a parade through Liverpool.

If anyone is interested we could organise an SMB bus.

Logon or register to see this image

I've hardly been able to work today. Just can't get Cilla off my mind. Thinking of going down to the funeral if there's a parade through Liverpool.

If anyone is interested we could organise an SMB bus.

Lovely sentiments but looks like the funeral is going to be in Buckinghamshire where Bobby was buried. Would be a shame if Liverpool doesn't get to say goodbye to one of its most precious pearls.

"The Telegraph's Nicola Harley reports that her funeral could be held in the village of Denham where her late husband Bobby's was held.

His funeral was held at the small Saxon church of Saint Mary's in the village.

Cilla scattered his ashes under the willow tree in the grounds of her Victorian home in the village.

In interviews she spoke of frequently of standing under the tree and talking to him.

Cilla, a Catholic, may have her funeral in the tiny Catholic Church a few yards from where her husband's funeral was held"

Lovely sentiments but looks like the funeral is going to be in Buckinghamshire where Bobby was buried. Would be a shame if Liverpool doesn't get to say goodbye to one of its most precious pearls.

"The Telegraph's Nicola Harley reports that her funeral could be held in the village of Denham where her late husband Bobby's was held.

His funeral was held at the small Saxon church of Saint Mary's in the village.

Cilla scattered his ashes under the willow tree in the grounds of her Victorian home in the village.

In interviews she spoke of frequently of standing under the tree and talking to him.

Cilla, a Catholic, may have her funeral in the tiny Catholic Church a few yards from where her husband's funeral was held"
Yes but I presume she will be driven around Liverpool for one last time, past Anfield and over the Mersey etc.

Liverpool will demand she is seen off in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back