Cristiano Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you drop him for would be the question and no manager in any era would, unless he played for us in my opinion.

Messi is full 2.5 years younger and has a better goal per game record. Both are incredible 1.47 games for goal for Ronaldo and 1.25 games for Messi. Messi has more assists than Ronaldo and while big part of Ronaldo's game is on pace and counter attack which will decline in a few years due to age, Messi does it from a set up and when defense is back. Ronaldo will have one more WC and it's a safe bet they will do well to make it to the final 8, with DiMaria and other young guns coming up, Messi will have 2 more chances to win the WC which is why Pele and Maradona were always ranked higher than Best. Messi just shades it for me.

no way the best player ever, but must be in the top 10 ever and for me is the best current player, more consistent than Messi

I think he is yes, the game is far harder now to do what he is doing than it was even 10 years ago, never mind 20/30/40/50

Only my humble like.

Completely disagree, Maradona was kicked all over the park every game.
He (and others eg Best) would have had a field day running at defences with the current rules.
The pace and strength of Ronaldo with the dribbling and guile of Messi, no-one could have stopped him.

Would be hilarious to watch Ronaldo try his step overs in an early eighties game!

What you think Messi is better? Or Maradona
Both to be honest...........not huge margins in it though......

Still can't work out why no one hoyed a leg out and tried to bring him down when he went on that run against England though :oops:
Terry Fenwick the last defender he went past would have but he had already been booked.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely disagree, Maradona was kicked all over the park every game.
He (and others eg Best) would have had a field day running at defences with the current rules.
The pace and strength of Ronaldo with the dribbling and guile of Messi, no-one could have stopped him.

Would be hilarious to watch Ronaldo try his step overs in an early eighties game!

Entitled mate.

The game was full of half fit pissheads in those days, with little idea of fitness and nutrition, the game is far faster and harder now tactically. Not dismissing Maradona one bit, a wonderful player, but I think he would struggle more in today's game than if vice versa. Always difficult to compare genres in football, but let's face it both would stroll into an all time 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back