Cruzcampo vs Madri vs Moretti

I was in the houghton beehive last night.

Ordered a pint of fosters and suddenly everything went in slow motion.

Chrissy Wallace dived across the bar in front of me like a bodyguard takes a bullet.

He grabbed the 20 out of my hand (cash is king) and shouted out Maaaadddrrriii as he did it.

He cracked his head on the bar, blood everywhere, died at my feet (gazelle OG’s) muttering quietly “this was my calling. Cancel that order marra”.

Canny night out all things considered. Madri was on point.

I loved Samuel Adams but doesn't seem to have a UK distributor at the minute, not even online.

I just order online now - Bitburger, Kernel, various Belgian beers all better than supermarket choices.

Out of the standard supermarket beers bottled Peroni (blue label) is easily the nicest in my opinion.

From the three listed I'd probably go Moretti - only ever had one pint of Madri and that's enough.

Last edited:
I was in the houghton beehive last night.

Ordered a pint of fosters and suddenly everything went in slow motion.

Chrissy Wallace dived across the bar in front of me like a bodyguard takes a bullet.

He grabbed the 20 out of my hand (cash is king) and shouted out Maaaadddrrriii as he did it.

He cracked his head on the bar, blood everywhere, died at my feet (gazelle OG’s) muttering quietly “this was my calling. Cancel that order marra”.

Canny night out all things considered. Madri was on point.
What the fuck???
I loved Samuel Adams but doesn't seem to have a UK distributor at the minute, not even online.

I just order online now - Bitburger, Kernel, various Belgian beers all better than supermarket choices.

Out of the standard supermarket beers bottled Peroni (blue label) is easily the nicest in my opinion.

From the three listed I'd probably go Moretti - only ever had one pint of Madri and that's enough.
Sam Adams is lush.

I like a Brooklyn anarl. Ya only tend to see the Pilsner these days, which is alreet, but it's the poor relation to proper Brooklyn Lager.
Spotted madri in Spain this week #Auténtico
Tidied.

Last edited:
What the fuck???

Sam Adams is lush.

I like a Brooklyn anarl. Ya only tend to see the Pilsner these days, which is alreet, but it's the poor relation to proper Brooklyn Lager.

Tidied.
Yeah dunno what's going on with Brooklyn beer either. Lush but hardly available anywhere now and I found their pilsner a bit tangy but they're giving it a massive push.

I'll stick to my pint of Bitburger imported from Germany.
Imported by Bonzo, when he went there?

What I don't get is that Cruzcampo is the cheapest, nastiest beer here in Spain then we rebrand it in the UK, charge stupid prices and everybody is falling over themselves for it.

If it's Spanish lager you're after, none comes close to Alhambra. Grenada's finest.

Last edited:

What I don't get is that Cruzcampo is the cheapest, nastiest beer here in Spain then we rebrand it in the UK, charge stupid prices and everybody is falling over themselves for it.

If it's Spanish lager you're after, none comes close to Alhambra. Grenada's finest.
Estrella Galicia?

Voldamm is canny but strong

Now you see, I love a pint of cruzcampo at Bar Europa.

Back