Death on the rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner Robert Curtis aged 20 from Tyneside was the first soldier killed in Northern Ireland (1971). His daughter (who was not yet born when he was killed) later married wearing his wedding ring. I would not have thought that family was too concerned about what happened in Gibraltor.

A lot of posters on here are way too young (some not even born) when those IRA ***** were killing innocent men, women & children on our mainland in the 70's.
We as ordinary folk were in fear.
They were murdering Bastards.
I will never accept McGiunness & Adams as "politicians". They are murdering kernts

I remember the stench of their double standards. When we treat them as civilian criminals they whined like spoiled bastards that they were enemy combatants & should be treated as such. When we treated them as enemy combatants they whined like spoiled bastards there should have been arrests & a fair trial as if they were criminals. Of course that didn't apply when the bastards were mortar bombing my barracks.

Start of a bloody month as I seem to recall, not long after you had that guy Stone attack a funeral and then the killings of the Corporals at a funeral in West Belfast.

Seems like a different planet now

World in Action on a Monday night wasn't it?

I seem to remember ones they did around 1980/81 with the Russians piling into Afghanistan and I'm sure there was one then around a famine in East Africa
That funeral footage and the follow up was mindblowing

The IRA chose to go there.The SAS found out about it. The IRA lost.
Tough.

Reporter: "so how do you know the shooters were British?"
Local resident: "as they pushed past to fire, they said excuse me"

Judge. 'Why did you shoot him 16 times?'
SAS fella 'I ran out of bullets'

Last edited:
I glad my son won't grow up with the lingering fear that the shite in NI gave us.

The IRA were a bunch of chancers who only succeeded (if you can call it that) because of yank support.

That said you have to accept the flip side, that the UVF and UDA were just as much terrorists, but you don't here people complaining too much about them. But they still bombed Dublin and killed civilians in cold blood. Were the thatcher government hunting them with the SAS. ?

Don't agree with terrorism in any way , shape or form. The bombings in Armagh etc etc were shocking.
However what happened in Gibraltar could be construed as many as an execution that made us no better than the people we were fighting against.
They were surrounded and didn't have a chance. Surely capturing, interrogating and imprisonmemt could have been more beneficial. Treat them like shite in prison, isolate them etc etc. Executing people that have no choice of fighting back and who have not faced a judge and jury doesn't gel.
Their shooting only made them martyrs in the eyes of money and hardened an already hard core.
The bottom line is that Thatcher was after a headline, and she got one . She never made one jot of difference in the resolution of the contract rather she upped the anti.
You sound like an utter thunderbox, thank god it's not people like you providing an umbrella of protection for the UK

Where are the usual IRA apologists who normally appear on these threads? Hopefully keeping a permanent low profile.

The only problem with these executions is we didn't have more of them. I would have had the cowards shot in their beds. They were murderers of innocent women and children and they got what they deserved. Their bombings were indiscriminate. They weren't freedom fighters but opportunist criminals who used the troubles to give them power they could never have in times of peace.

The best bit is they lost. Their beloved Ireland is still divided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back