Does anyone rent films anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye I was thinking of getting sky movies as opposed to Lovefilm for that reason.
LoveFilm is Amazon Prime these days isn't it? I've got Amazon Prime and it's pretty class. £79 a year and there's loads of films to stream for free (and some to pay to rent) plus loads of TV box sets and you get free next day delivery on anything g you buy from Amazon. Film wise it's not as up to date as Sky (but 100x better than Netflix) but for the difference in price it's better value IMO.

LoveFilm is Amazon Prime these days isn't it? I've got Amazon Prime and it's pretty class. £79 a year and there's loads of films to stream for free (and some to pay to rent) plus loads of TV box sets and you get free next day delivery on anything g you buy from Amazon. Film wise it's not as up to date as Sky (but 100x better than Netflix) but for the difference in price it's better value IMO.

UK Netflix isn't great but if you download a VPN the US and Canadian content is better than Amazon prime.

Remember the solitary carousel of vhs tapes at the local spar. All the decent movies were like hen's teeth so you ended up going home on a Saturday night with some barely watchable DTV shit that would make a steven seagal film look like the best of kubrick.

Illegally watching is the way to go, none of the paid for sites have all the films and im fucked if im paying twice just because a film i want to watch is on amazon prime not netflix a series is on netflix not amazon prime, fuck it, i'll just watch it all for nowt then. Same with bt sports and sky sports for football

I loaned out a load of PS3 Games from Blockbuster just before they went titts up...then sold them all at CEX happy days

Illegally watching is the way to go, none of the paid for sites have all the films and im fucked if im paying twice just because a film i want to watch is on amazon prime not netflix a series is on netflix not amazon prime, fuck it, i'll just watch it all for nowt then. Same with bt sports and sky sports for football

Hopefully that won't have any negative impact.

Hopefully that won't have any negative impact.

With football i hope people watching illegally might give them the kick up the arse they need to modernise how matches are screened. People expect choice now, not having to pay a fortune to be given a stock set of games (normally involving man united and liverpool). The 3pm blackout is outdated, get ridd of it and let people buy any match they want to watch, id happily pay for good quality reliable coverage of safc games

With football i hope people watching illegally might give them the kick up the arse they need to modernise how matches are screened. People expect choice now, not having to pay a fortune to be given a stock set of games (normally involving man united and liverpool). The 3pm blackout is outdated, get ridd of it and let people buy any match they want to watch, id happily pay for good quality reliable coverage of safc games

No doubt, and all the feeds where people watch without paying will just stop

No doubt, and all the feeds where people watch without paying will just stop

Of course they wont but the music industry has shown that modernising brings rewards. Illegal music downloads are still high but the likes of itunes where people can pay a fair price for it are showing massive sales. A lot of people would rather pay but they want value, choice and ease of access. Football would be no different, let people pay for matches online or through sky box etc and plenty money would be made despite the availability of illegal streams

There was a reet sort used to work in Zodiac in Hetton in 1992-93, our college bus used to drive past and we'd all crowd on one side of the bus to get a geek of her. She looked like Jet off Gladiators
Anyone nar who she is?

Of course they wont but the music industry has shown that modernising brings rewards. Illegal music downloads are still high but the likes of itunes where people can pay a fair price for it are showing massive sales. A lot of people would rather pay but they want value, choice and ease of access. Football would be no different, let people pay for matches online or through sky box etc and plenty money would be made despite the availability of illegal streams

The first two are what an artist gets from a stream, the first two streams, the second one.

Nov 25, 2014 Oct 2014 iTunes Radio - Americas *** **** ***** *** ***** stream 2.0 $0.00099782 $0.0019956

Jan 22, 2015 Nov 2014 Spotify *** **** ***** ********* *** No stream 1.0 $0.00081900 $0.00081900

This is what the artist gets for a full album download.

Dec 01, 2014 Jan 2014 Amazon MP3 *** **** ***** ** *** **** ***** **** * *** ***download 1.0 $5.91500000 $5.91500000

I think you'll agree the artist will be very lucky to make the bus far home with streams and they'd have to sell a huge amount to make reasonable money from a down load, massive bands will make money new bands won't even make enough to pay for the recording.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back