Does feeling negative cause negative things?

Things will change soon hopefully mate, might just be a few things at the same time.
Last 3 months I've had a mini stroke, uncle came off his bike and has had his arm and shoulder amputated and me and my sister have ended up on crutches at the same time, one with a smashed knee and me with a broken ankle.
But I'm gonna finish work tomorrow and make the most of the break and look forward to beating the mags.
Just keep looking forward đź‘Ť
I feel like a reet fanny now.

Things will change soon hopefully mate, might just be a few things at the same time.
Last 3 months I've had a mini stroke, uncle came off his bike and has had his arm and shoulder amputated and me and my sister have ended up on crutches at the same time, one with a smashed knee and me with a broken ankle.
But I'm gonna finish work tomorrow and make the most of the break and look forward to beating the mags.
Just keep looking forward đź‘Ť
Great attitude… Your uncle sounds like he’s had a torrid time, hope he’s coping. Have a good’un and look after yourself.

I'm hammering the drink. I always have but it's got to the point where I need wine every night when I drink. It makes me feel good. I love going for a pint especially with me dad.

Don't do that, it isn't a competition. The worst thing in your life is still the worst thing. Don't beat yourself up for feeling this way, you aren't doing it on purpose.

Recognising things aren't right is the first step. People have said it in different ways but my dad had a mantra, This too shall pass.
Try and make what changes you can to improve your mood but if you don't give yourself a break, the light nights are coming, everything will feel different in the spring.

Definitely not mate it can get you down but hopefully you'll be back on the up soon đź‘Ť
Great attitude… Your uncle sounds like he’s had a torrid time, hope he’s coping. Have a good’un and look after yourself.
Honestly mate I couldn't believe how positive he was when I went to see him in the rvi.
His words and attitude were basically, he's 71 and retired not 31 and stressing about supporting a wife and kids, also the choice was no arm or death so he just wants to crack on.
Hard to explain too but he just looked "well' and happy enough in his face, me, my dad and his other brother had a good laugh for an hour or so.
I'd be a right mess I reckon.
As for me I'm alright mate but thank you, I just always think there is someone a lot worse off, I've got a good enough life with lots of friends so I'm lucky.
Kids are getting bombed across the world with no food or drink or even parents.
My crutches will be gone and forgotten about soon so just make the best of it.

Last edited:
If you can, I would say getting outdoors amongst the nature helps me. Daft as it sounds but just little things like taking a minute to stop and look around at the trees, the birds, the wind, if you live near the coast then a walk along there and watch the sea.

Take care of yourself and keep telling yourself it’s just a phase that will pass, because trust me it will and always does.

Back