Drinks Markup - Absolute rip off

You made the story up. Canny sad really.
You don’t know that.

Prove it.

Lots of things I say I do get doubted and then I provide evidence and the silly little poster just melts away into the ether spitting their bile.

I can’t prove this so I see no value in naming the now closed establishment.

Last edited:

CAMRA card works in the Dun Cow and Chaplin's in the town, not sure where else like. It's decent value especially if your drinking in rounds and they let you use it for every pint in every round.

Beer prices just seemed to rocket in the space of a few years. Was used to it being £2.50-£3.00 for ages then all of a sudden £5 is standard for drafts.

Real ale usually seems to be the best value, if it's a well kept and well poured beer it's generally £3.70-£4.00 , although fitsies and the dun cow do take the piss a bit. Chaplin's and the Vaults are the cheapest

The ivy house is expensive considering the manager hasn't got the first clue how to serve it. They have all these fancy beers on hand pull and serve you it flat as a fart. Or off
Got to ask them to use sparklers in The Ivy. Shite pub.

Got to ask them to use sparklers in The Ivy. Shite pub.

It's wierd..my lass loves the pizzas and the pub in general, but they know nothing about beer unless it's in a can or on draft and with a fancy name and artwork and impossible to serve wrong

They had a real ale on the other week, was clearly off, literally couldn't drink a sip of it. He said it was 'supposed to be like that'. There was a little sample jar on the front of the pump I said it's a completely different beer, he wouldn't even taste it or have a look, just arrogantly said I should have asked for a taster first.

It's not exclusive to the Ivy but there's something about these hipster craft ale dirty fries over sized spectacled ironically tattooed staff that means they have to be miserable as sin at all times. I'm sure they are really deep, intelligent lost souls living in some other cosmic dimension on thier own Instagram page but they haven't got a clue how to pull a pint or be welcoming

It's wierd..my lass loves the pizzas and the pub in general, but they know nothing about beer unless it's in a can or on draft and with a fancy name and artwork and impossible to serve wrong

They had a real ale on the other week, was clearly off, literally couldn't drink a sip of it. He said it was 'supposed to be like that'. There was a little sample jar on the front of the pump I said it's a completely different beer, he wouldn't even taste it or have a look, just arrogantly said I should have asked for a taster first.

It's not exclusive to the Ivy but there's something about these hipster craft ale dirty fries over sized spectacled ironically tattooed staff that means they have to be miserable as sin at all times. I'm sure they are really deep, intelligent lost souls living in some other cosmic dimension on thier own Instagram page but they haven't got a clue how to pull a pint or be welcoming
You nailed it there mate 😂

You don’t know that.

Prove it.

Lots of things I say I do get doubted and then I provide evidence and the silly little poster just melts away into the ether spitting their bile.

I can’t prove this so I see no value in naming the now closed establishment.
So you provide evidence but can't prove this one?

You made it up, Jeff.

Back